GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,823 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » General

Subject: Starting Marcy before finishing Asylum? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question for you folks that have played through both Asylum and Marcy.

I started Asylum with 2 friends, and we only made it through 1 run before we needed to call it a day. I LOVED it, but just haven't had time to finish it yet. This weekend, I'm getting together with 1 of the guys that I started Asylum with and 2 that haven't played TIME Stories at all. (The 3rd from our original Asylum group is unavailable.)

My question: Is it a bad idea to begin The Marcy case without completing Asylum? My friends generally like puzzles, but I read that Marcy is less puzzley than Asylum. True?

Unfortunately due to some un-spoiler tagged posts around here I've learned that:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
there is something under the insert. I've refrained from looking at what it is, but I know it exists. I don't know if this affects things. I still don't want it spoiled, but I don't know if it comes into play in future scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's nothing in Asylum that you need to do before playing Marcy, and Mr Poulpe of Space Cowboys has stated that it's fine to play the scenarios in any order.

Yes, Marcy is a bit less puzzle solving and more combat oriented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The thing under the insert could be useful in Marcy but it's not mandatory (we didn't use ours).

I say go for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Thanks for the replies. I think we'll do it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck.

I will advise though, that you complete Asylum before A Prophecy of Dragons.

Again, as far as game mechanisms are concerned, there's no absolute reason to do so, but there are some cool reveals in APoD that rely upon the team having played Asylum (and Marcy) for their full effects to be realised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.