• [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
In pairs on a single stand. That's an interesting design choice, and I wonder what the longer implications are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta admit, I'm a little disappointed - I had expected a more substantial announcement. (For both Armada and X-Wing)

Did they mention whether these guys are in Wave 3? Or are they a "mid wave" release like the X-Wing "Aces" packs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Makes sense that wave 3 would shift gears and feature "target" ships, or ships that have a function other than fighting each other, in order to expand the objective possibilities for the game.

I'm glad they're not going the X-Wing route and just making up ships, or using EU ships to add even more fighting possibilities. There are so many ways to build a fleet already they don't need to clutter the game with 17 capital ships per side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So adorable! But, most importantly, when?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert P
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go....

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/3/16/bigger-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert P
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeykins wrote:

Third quarter 2016
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plattenhelge wrote:

So...the image on top of that article is obviously cut from a larger image. I mean...that's some pretty awful cropping, there...

And the filename is "images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/84/4c/844ce81b-1941-4710-aa1f-cdc7ae9ffda8/revised_armada-wave3-title-image.jpg"...

I think we can say pretty safely that this isn't the end of wave 3.

That said - not sure what the reason for the deleted parts of the image are. Maybe something from 'Rogue One' they can't spoil, yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost certainly something upcoming that they're not releasing yet. I think you're right that there's a good chance that it's something from Rogue One.

However, I'm noting the distinct lack of The Ghost here. Given that the Imperial Assault Carrier (with Agent Kallus!) is in this wave, I'd expect the VCX-100 to be there, too. So I bet there's a new fighter pack coming. And I would not be surprised if there are new ships from Star Wars Rebels in this wave, too. Maybe things we haven't seen that are in the last 3 episodes of the season?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
Plattenhelge wrote:

So...the image on top of that article is obviously cut from a larger image. I mean...that's some pretty awful cropping, there...

And the filename is "images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/84/4c/844ce81b-1941-4710-aa1f-cdc7ae9ffda8/revised_armada-wave3-title-image.jpg"...

That said - not sure what the reason for the deleted parts of the image are. Maybe something from 'Rogue One' they can't spoil, yet?

Another point in favor of this being just a partial reveal...

These two ships are SWM18 and SWM19 SKUs. We had up to SWM15, before - that's the Raider. (SWM14 was 'Rogues and Villains', etc) Where are SWM16 and SWM17?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Keaten
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
First Click
badge
Praise it.
mbmbmbmbmb
But if it's only the two flotillas, my wallet might not have a revolt this wave...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robbbbbb wrote:
In pairs on a single stand. That's an interesting design choice, and I wonder what the longer implications are.

Flotillas, take ramming damage but dont give any out. Other than that theyre normal small ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Knight
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robbbbbb wrote:
Almost certainly something upcoming that they're not releasing yet. I think you're right that there's a good chance that it's something from Rogue One.

However, I'm noting the distinct lack of The Ghost here. Given that the Imperial Assault Carrier (with Agent Kallus!) is in this wave, I'd expect the VCX-100 to be there, too. So I bet there's a new fighter pack coming. And I would not be surprised if there are new ships from Star Wars Rebels in this wave, too. Maybe things we haven't seen that are in the last 3 episodes of the season?

If these are the only two expansions this wave, I have to admit, I'm disappointing. As promising as these two expansions appear to be, I was expecting at least one more expansion per side.

And I'd hoped they would go further into Legends before cutting into Rebels... but oh well. I'm probably in the minority on that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Traweek
United States
Weatherford
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
XanderF wrote:
Plattenhelge wrote:

These two ships are SWM18 and SWM19 SKUs. We had up to SWM15, before - that's the Raider. (SWM14 was 'Rogues and Villains', etc) Where are SWM16 and SWM17?

This. This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that there will be two more ships in the wave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if they had originally planned for 4 ships in Wave 3 but then changed their mind and "revised" Wave 3 to be only 2 ships, saving the remaining 2 for a Wave 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
or... it is the imperial and rebel squadron packs in the wave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert P
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hansolo88 wrote:
What if they had originally planned for 4 ships in Wave 3 but then changed their mind and "revised" Wave 3 to be only 2 ships, saving the remaining 2 for a Wave 4?

Could also be there's stuff from "Rogue one" in the wave which may not be revealed yet.
The rest of the wave would then follow Q4 2016 or Q1 2017 after the movie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Knight
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
His Dudeness wrote:
XanderF wrote:
XanderF wrote:
Plattenhelge wrote:

This. This proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that there will be two more ships in the wave.

Or Disney made them scrap two ships they planned on releasing and they just never adjusted the numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueKnight wrote:
His Dudeness wrote:
XanderF wrote:
XanderF wrote:
Plattenhelge wrote:

Or Disney made them scrap two ships they planned on releasing and they just never adjusted the numbers.

Could be. But feels more likely that Disney would have said "no - not yet, release news on these other two later this summer".

You'll recall that interviews with FFG's X-Wing crew mentioned that they *right now* (well, at the point of that interview) have more information on 'Rogue One' than they did on 'The Force Awakens' at release day. So Disney seems a bit more free with information on the 'anthology' stories, which may well mean FFG got enough information to make some models before the official product release cycle kicked off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plattenhelge wrote:
monkeykins wrote:

Third quarter 2016

Hnrrggggg...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeykins wrote:
Plattenhelge wrote:
monkeykins wrote:

Third quarter 2016

Hnrrggggg...

Christmas. No worries . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christo Lockxxx
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not exactly what I was anticipating with Wave 3 but after reading the description and the explanation of the capabilities of the Flotilla, I think it will be fun and provide some strategic decisions when fleet building. I hope the cost of fielding a Flotilla is low enough that the benefits outweigh the sacrifice of ships/squadrons/upgrades with more punch.

Has anyone any idea what the point cost of Flotilla will be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
monkeykins wrote:
Plattenhelge wrote:
monkeykins wrote:

Third quarter 2016

Hnrrggggg...

Yes, but I have some gift cards and credits allocated to board games burning a hole in my pocket, and have found little else besides Armada wave 3 to spend them on. I could use another MC30, I guess...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeykins wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
monkeykins wrote:
Plattenhelge wrote:
monkeykins wrote:

Third quarter 2016

Hnrrggggg...

Yes, but I have some gift cards and credits allocated to board games burning a hole in my pocket, and have found little else besides Armada wave 3 to spend them on. I could use another MC30, I guess...

Probably GenCon. That would make the most sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |