GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,066 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Manhunter Question and Survivor Status Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am considering buying the Manhunter expansion but his integration isn't well explained to me. He comes in LY 5 but that is either the same year or right after the Butcher. And he doesn't replace the Butcher from the sounds of it. This may be too overly harsh given Manhunter's rules. Could someone please explain the Manhunter to me before I buy him?

My second question comes from another thread concerning the Propulsion Drive Fighting Art. It talks about the movement survivor status card.......which is in another expansion that people may or may not own. Does this mean that Propulsion Drive is essentially useless unless I have the other expansion (DBK in this case) that actually gives the survivor status card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Fulton
Canada
flag msg tools
Dont have cards with me at work, but yeah, he's another fight the year after the butcher. He's a special showdown so you still get to hunt a quarry that year. It can be a bit rough, but its another choice in the nemesis pool

Plus you can get his hat. HIS HAT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
Epidemius wrote:
My second question comes from another thread concerning the Propulsion Drive Fighting Art. It talks about the movement survivor status card.......which is in another expansion that people may or may not own. Does this mean that Propulsion Drive is essentially useless unless I have the other expansion (DBK in this case) that actually gives the survivor status card?

Propulsion Drive
only comes in the DBK's box. Which is where the Momentum Status Card can be found.

mistershine wrote:
It can be a bit rough, but its another choice in the nemesis pool

Showdown: Manhunter wrote:
Unless directed by the Timeline, the Manhunter may not be chosen for a Nemesis Encounter.

He shows for Special Showdowns in LY5,10,15 and 22 and if you lose he fights a Special Showndown when you Rebel in Lottery
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Fulton
Canada
flag msg tools
Ill Learn to read one day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Epidemius wrote:
I am considering buying the Manhunter expansion but his integration isn't well explained to me. He comes in LY 5 but that is either the same year or right after the Butcher. And he doesn't replace the Butcher from the sounds of it. This may be too overly harsh given Manhunter's rules. Could someone please explain the Manhunter to me before I buy him?

After reading his rules he is real nasty, a tough fight for sure and not something i would add unless i wanted a challenge, that being said though hes just to cool to not have there for when you do want a challenge, his rules are interesting and his items are great, also he doesnt replace anyone so its more content for your campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone. I have been debating between Manhunter and Slenderman as nemeses to add. Could you help me decide?

Also, out loud sorry to Poots (not that he'll ever see this) for thinking he would sprinkle expansion material through multiple expansions which would require you to buy multiple. That's FFG territory/practices!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mistershine wrote:
Dont have cards with me at work, but yeah, he's another fight the year after the butcher. He's a special showdown so you still get to hunt a quarry that year.

The book clarifies that he is a showdown in addition to a hunt that year? Because I know for nemesis encounters in the core game they explicitly state that this is the *hunt* for that year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Epidemius wrote:
mistershine wrote:
Dont have cards with me at work, but yeah, he's another fight the year after the butcher. He's a special showdown so you still get to hunt a quarry that year.

The book clarifies that he is a showdown in addition to a hunt that year? Because I know for nemesis encounters in the core game they explicitly state that this is the *hunt* for that year.

I don't have the books for the expansions in front of me, but if folks have it correct that he is a Special Showdown vs a Nemesis Showdown then per the Glossary:

Special Showdown: Special Showdowns interrupt the Settlement Phase. After they conclude (regardless of victory or defeat) the Settlement Phase continues where it left off. Do not generate endeavors or trigger new story events. Each Special Showdown's details are listed on the story event or innovation that triggered it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.