GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,610 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Bloodborne - the board game! by Eric Lang rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/03/16/bloodborne-is-turning-...

One of my favorite video games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I... am not actually sure how I feel about this.

The Chalice Dungeon bit is actually kinda unappealing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Doe
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:

I can see it. Randomized dungeon construction with varying difficulty levels. Sort of like the delve dungeons in the Warhammer Quest Card Game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jedo1 wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:

I can see it. Randomized dungeon construction with varying difficulty levels. Sort of like the delve dungeons in the Warhammer Quest Card Game.

I can see it too. It is just less pleasing to me than a game that somehow revolved around the hunt or Yharnam or hunters of hunters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Doe
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
Jedo1 wrote:
AndrewRogue wrote:

I can see it too. It is just less pleasing to me than a game that somehow revolved around the hunt or Yharnam or hunters of hunters.

Too much work. Just go back to playing the video game, like everyone who bought XCOM did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Hornblower
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While the Chalices offer exploration, danger and reward (expect pre-main-post areas, and bosses), a big part of the Souls/Bloodborne is about world's secrets discovery; connecting the dots together and coming up with your own theories. You're never 100% sure of what's going on, and that's what chain you into it.

It's not just your generic dungeoncrawler, kill the mobs and pile up exp points/blood - rather it's a journey for the players (us), both in terms of perfecting gaming skills (timing, reaction...) and unwrapping the layers of dark secrets.

In that regard, I think that Bloodborne lore is way more "symbolic" than Dark Souls one - which was pretty "concrete".

So why just Bloodborne for a boardgame reduction? I hope it won't turn into just another hack-and-slash at brutal level, that would be only scratching the surface.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Hornblower
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here we go... it's a push your luck where monsters give you blood and trophies if you stay in. I don't know what to say...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.