GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,341 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
55 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Commands & Colors: Napoleonics Expansion #6 – EPIC Napoleonics» Forums » News

Subject: Scheduled for a July Release... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT Update:

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/GMT-Update--March-16--201...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The possible release of Epic Napoleonics as early as July is welcome news indeed! Those of us who play all of the C&C games enjoy watching the evolution of Mr. Borg's game designing across the board (or should that be 'across the boards?)'; even though they are published by different companies. In CCN Expansion #6, these larger trends will be reflected in:

1. The common "courier" rack may be a 'new mechanism' for CCN, but it was first used in the original Battle Lore.

2. The growing trend towards putting out groups of scenarios on the same battle, thus forming a 'mini campaign,' as the six standard format Austerlitz scenarios do here for a larger Napoleonic battle thus far not covered, is particularly notable in The Great War, and will also be featured in Tricorn: American Revolution with three scenarios of The Battle of Long Island (more properly called the Battle of Brooklyn, as it was fought entirely within our borough, aka Kings County).

3. Epic (double board format) multiplayer games have become a standard expansion for most of the C&C games.

4. The 'extra large' LGA format here follows the development of the Memoir 44 Breakthrough and D-Day Landings formats in that game.

5. The second Tactical Card deck (from Expansion #5) has also become a common development, now used in the newer The Great War core game right off the bat, and seen in Battle Lore, Memoir 44 (for some scenarios) and Samurai Battles.

6. Whither Napoleonics after Expansion #6? Minor Nations and The War of 1812 have been mentioned by fans as possible future expansions. A Campaign System and/or a Campaign Book would be wonderful. Napoleonics is Mr. Borg's favorite historical period. Now that CCN has reached the same six expansions made for Commands and Colors Ancients (also by GMT) before it was discontinued--at least temporarily--the question of the future official development of CCN looms on the horizon. I know that if they keep publishing, I'll keep buying...which would be true of the other C&C games as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
6. Whither Napoleonics after Expansion #6? Minor Nations and The War of 1812 have been mentioned by fans as possible future expansions. A Campaign System and/or a Campaign Book would be wonderful. Napoleonics is Mr. Borg's favorite historical period. Now that CCN has reached the same six expansions made for Commands and Colors Ancients (also by GMT) before it was discontinued--at least temporarily--the question of the future official development of CCN looms on the horizon. I know that if they keep publishing, I'll keep buying...which would be true of the other C&C games as well!

One other expansion that I hope to see is a La Grande Battaile expansion, since Borg only introduces a couple of those battles in the Epics expansion...it could have more LGB scenarios (and some more Epic scenarios as well; Waterloo, I'm lookin' at you)...maybe it might could be combined together with some of the Minor Nations to boot...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo Today's April GMT Update still has CCN Expansion #6 listed for July, with 671 orders. Richard Borg has repeated his statement that they won't produce it until they actually get 750 orders. I've done what I could locally to introduce or reintroduce my pals to the system, promising them some multiplayer action when it does come out.

Epic Napoleonics may become known informally as "The Austerlitz Expansion," since it will present that battle for the very first time in all three formats: Standard, Epic, and La Grande Batailles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
697 now. We're still far from 750 but there is progress, albeit slow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
711 now, so still 39 missing, but the wheels are in motion guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh Glad to hear it. Did GMT figure this would happen, or did they put it on the production schedule to help make it happen? Either way, I'm still hoping for the announced July happening!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
Still 711 as of today...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh Today's GMT Update still has Epic CCN scheduled for July, which now does not seem all that far away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
Yup, was surprised to see that too. Could it be that we'll still get the expansion on July even if the number of 750 preorders isn't reached?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that they are re-printing the base game in July also. Perhaps it makes commercial sense to print both at the same time and so waiver the 750 copy restriction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
laugh Today's GMT Update still has Epic CCN scheduled for July, which now does not seem all that far away.

Or even o'er the hills and far away

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoW's pre-printed Memoir '44 Battle Maps would seem a very welcome direction for GMT to take for C&C:N but I don't think they've ever gone down that route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
DoW's pre-printed Memoir '44 Battle Maps would seem a very welcome direction for GMT to take for C&C:N but I don't think they've ever gone down that route.

I just wish DOW would make some more printed maps and re-run some of the old maps. My Market Garden/ Tigers in the Snow cost me over £50 on ebay I have tape on one part of it already.

My favourite and most used is the Stalingrad map but fortunately I picked up two copies at normal market rates

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo I happen to have all the Battle Maps, because I got them as they came out. This year a local group played the most fun one, Market Garden, with my map because they are so hard to find now (you can recreate them with the plans online, using standard tiles and boards).

DOW did a Troll paper map for Battle Lore also--I think it came with only one figure.

However, at the time I don't think they sold all that well. People want new toys, and they came with tiny amounts of one or two new figure types only. That's probably why you don't see any new ones. And as you say, they are very fragile. I play with mine using plastic sheets on top of them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Market Garden is my favourite, too, and that's the trouble. The Market Garden map has a couple of extra hex rows when compared to boards and other maps and so cannot be faithfully recreated using boards and terrain tiles. Tigers in the Snow can be recreated, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snore Well, its mid June, and we should soon get another monthly GMT update. Hopefully it will tell us that the expansion will actually be coming next month on schedule. All will be revealed soon...or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo And the answer is...NOT!!! CCN6 is now pushed back to August, according to today's GMT update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
goo And the answer is...NOT!!! CCN6 is now pushed back to August, according to today's GMT update.

Thanks for the update Jon - no real surprise in this news and I would take August as really being September. Have GMT ever delivered on their C&C timing promise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or we could all be crossing our fingers for a pre-Christmas delivery, here, in the UK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
743 - pushed back to August.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whistle The reason I'd like to actually see it ASAP (even more than usual) is because they are talking about updating all of their business/computer systems in the near future, which would entail a month long delay in their entire shipping schedule. So if they can slip our one little product in before then, that would be good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
749 now. We're close... Maybe august will be possible after all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
751. Done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news. Does crossing the 750 speed up shipping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.