GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Dung Beetle Knight Vs. Flower Knight? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Dosher
msg tools
Hey guys, after just buying the main game I have a little money left over to grab two Expansions. After talking with my friend who will be playing the game with me, we both decided on getting Grom. However we are kind of split between either getting the Dung Beetle Knight vs. The Flower Knight. Any Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dung Beetle Knight offers a hard, higher level monster. Flower Knight offers another weaker monster to hunt and a mini-campaign called People of the Bloom. Depends on what you want. Since you just bought the Gorm (early huntable monster) I would recommend the Dung Beetle Knight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonahdel
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to mention that Adam seems fond of the Dung Beetle Knight, so there might be more value in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Poop Knight is the better choice. Comes with two armor sets and harder enemy to take on. The other poster is also right, the designer is really fond of this particular enemy so it's likely to be little more fleshed out.

I'm told that the flower Knight had a nice story to it with a delightful twist and turn of tables on what survivors are doing. I picked up the beetle personally over the flower Knight for the reasons I listed however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Dosher
msg tools
Done and Done! Thanks Guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yash Samant
United States
Custer
Washington
flag msg tools
I chose Dung Beetle Expansion instead of Flower Knight expansion. However, I do have the Flower Knight Encore Edition Miniature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm going to break my restraint and buy 3 more expansions; Manhunter, Flower Knight, and Dung Beetle Knight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
yea after buying
dragon king
dung beetle knight
manhunter
lion god
flower knight
gorm

i just bought

sunstalker
lion knight

Just cant resist and i know i would regret it later not having them

now i have 2 orders placed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gorkel wrote:
Order

Just go buy the Tree and Slenderman and get it over with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
gorkel wrote:
Order

Ahahaha.. yeh its an addiction. I have them all too -_-!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roboraygun wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:
gorkel wrote:
Order

Ahahaha.. yeh its an addiction. I have them all too -_-!

You guys are not helping my self restraint....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonahdel
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These expansions MIGHT be released again in the future.

Why not wait until then? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Food goes in and out of you, but KDM expansions are for LIFE. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Question. Which one would you choose if you could only get 1 out of:

Flower knight
Lion God
Lion Knight
Manhunter

Which one would you choose?

Ps. Slenderman figure isn't very exciting but he adds settlement event cards(no other expansion does) and an innovation that works as a settlement location for crafting. So I wouldn't dismiss it very quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:

Flower knight
Lion God
Lion Knight
Manhunter

Ps. Slenderman figure isn't very exciting but he adds settlement event cards(no other expansion does) and an innovation that works as a settlement location for crafting. So I wouldn't dismiss it very quickly.

I'd probably pick up Flower Knight of those four. It's a huntable monster that's accessible relatively early in the game, and offers Tactics cards, which are a new gameplay mechanic introduced in the Knight expansions.

Don't know much about Lion God, but he's a late game quarry (Year 13), so you may not get as much play out of that expansion.

Lion Knight and Manhunter are nemesis encounters, so you only encounter them at specific times. Lion Knight sounds pretty whimsical, whereas Manhunter sounds sadistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raj M
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Dark63 wrote:

Flower knight
Lion God
Lion Knight
Manhunter

I'd choose Lion Knight of those selections. Based off another's description, Lion Knight adds some humor to the game.

What I actually want most is to play a campaign with flower knight's variant, which is supposed to be very sad, combined with lion knight so there's some laughs inbetween, and also slenderman for the sheer creepiness. I hope it will play on all that diversity of emotion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Dark63 wrote:
Slenderman figure isn't very exciting but he adds settlement event cards(no other expansion does) ....

The Spidicules also adds two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slightly OT; I had a glimpse of the Flower Knight's hunt track from an unboxing video. It looked kind of confusing as I saw the level 1, 2, and 3 locations on several parts of the track. Anyone explain that to me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Epidemius wrote:
Slightly OT; I had a glimpse of the Flower Knight's hunt track from an unboxing video. It looked kind of confusing as I saw the level 1, 2, and 3 locations on several parts of the track. Anyone explain that to me?

Believe those are on most monsters tracks.

The higher level the monster the further away it starts I believe. So you'd be moving up the track drawing from the monsters unique hunt deck and also generic hunt events that you roll for(100 generic events in the book)

I believe in some cases the hunted monster can actually run away from you if it gets off the track to the right... some event cards will either move the prey closer or further away depending on whole bucket of factors. Typically dice rolls though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Epidemius wrote:

I'm not going to put this as a spoiler, but if you don't want to even know about the setup of the Flower Knight's hunt, don't continue to read this (or this thread at all for that matter). Purists, consider yourself warned.

I briefly glanced at each expansion's showdown and intro pages, but tried not to look at the stories at all. If memory serves, it tells you that you (or your party) start on each of those dependent upon something...I want to say the level of the monster. This would make the hunt shorter, but still (for the most part) guarantee overwhelming darkness. It should be explained somewhere, possibly back a page or two in the section that covers differences in the expansion from the core if not on the Showdown page itself.

Going back and editing to clarify as there seems to be general confusion on what this means or what the question is at all, the Flower Knight has both a 3, 2, 1 on the left side of the track as well as a 1, 2, 3 on the right side of the track as a normal monster might has. The left side reversed (3,2,1) countdown says where the party starts (so you don't start in the normal position if I'm remembering correctly). The other right side count upward (1,2,3) is the position of the quarry itself as normal. Again, as mentioned above, I'd assume that this is an effort to essentially guarantee overwhelming darkness (due to shifts forward and backward by the quarry) without making the hunt unduly arduous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a very unpleasant and unexpected bill I find myself able to only order one more expansion (I've already ordered Sunstalker). Which $60 do you recommend; Dung Beetle Knight, Lion Knight, Flower Knight, Slenderman, or Manhunter? I am kind of partial to the 3 knights but could be swayed towards Slenderman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Dosher
msg tools
Epidemius wrote:
After a very unpleasant and unexpected bill I find myself able to only order one more expansion (I've already ordered Sunstalker). Which $60 do you recommend; Dung Beetle Knight, Lion Knight, Flower Knight, Slenderman, or Manhunter? I am kind of partial to the 3 knights but could be swayed towards Slenderman.

I would say either dung beetle knight; as they have mentioned above, or Slenderman. Depends on if you want another monster to hunt or another nemesis? Since you are already getting another monster to hunt in the sunstalker expansion maybe Slenderman. But as everyone has mentioned the dung beetle knight is the creators favorite so it has gotten a little extra lovin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
It all depends on if you want a nemesis encounter or a huntable monster.

The lion knights showdown is strange, since you are part of its mad play and you have to keep one survivor alive.

Slender man is maddening as everyone appears and disappears off of the board.

Hasn't fought the others yet.

Dung nettle does have extra innovations and an armour kit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your input everyone. After watching an unboxing video of the Flower Knight I went with it. I figured it offers a mini-campaign of its own, is one my favorite models, and is a low level monster to hunt. I already have the Sunstalker coming which is a high level/tougher monster to hunt alongside the Phoenix. Just wish I could have them all. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen Man
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Xairen wrote:
These expansions MIGHT be released again in the future.

Why not wait until then? whistle

Because some of us learned the hard way when it came to prices and delaying purchases (I could've got all this for A LOT less)? At least I got the game for $150.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.