GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,067 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Ticket to Ride» Forums » News

Subject: Plans revealed for Ticket to Ride Digital! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ticket to Ride fans,

Come find out what our plans are for Ticket to Ride Digital over on our Facebook Page!

Come find out what's happening, what we have in store, and where this great game is going over the next few months.

Any questions? Let us know and we'll do our best to answer them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have facebook, is there some reason you can't put a summary here for the facebook free? cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: normal sized font

Karlsen wrote:
I don't have facebook, is there some reason you can't put a summary here for the facebook free? cool

For those averse to Facebook (AFAIK, you should still be able to view stuff on Facebook without logging in, but just in case)...
3 posts thus far, and a quiz for entries to win a digital map of your choice. But then you need to share your results on Facebook or Twitter to get the entries in. (both to double the entries)

Quote:
March 16
We know that iOS fans are going to love our announcement today, but there’s something for every Ticket to Ride Digital fan! (Post 3 of 4)

The second major improvement we're working on revolves around Local Play: we are rewriting the implementation of the Local Play mode to bring several improvements. First, we're streamlining the user interface on all devices and you will have the option to mix human and bot players. The "network discovery" technology will also see big improvements.
Finally, due to popular demand, we are adding iOS Bluetooth support back in the iOS app! Just one technical detail: because of the iOS special flavor of Bluetooth, you will need version 7 or higher of iOS to enjoy it.

Quote:
March 14
We interrupt your online game of Ticket to Ride Digital to continue outlining our plans for this incredible game! (Post 2 of 4)

So what happens over the next months? In addition to the usual bug fixing and game experience enhancements, there are two major improvements that are under development.

The first is in-game user interface polishing: the new version of Ticket to Ride brought an invisible yet important feature: screen adaptability. The user interface adapts itself automatically to the screen resolution and aspect ratio. This is a key feature, especially on devices with lots of different form factors, like Android and PCs. But it is also a growing constraint in the iOS world too. This is challenging and implied many design choices, some of which surprised veteran players who were accustomed to an in-game interface designed for a fixed screen. After all, their iPad screen had not changed, so what were these changes all about?

We continued to perfect the in-game user interface, while maintaining the adaptability constraints. This took us a long time, pushing pixels around, but we are getting there and we think that you will be happy with the results, which reuse some graphic concepts that iOS and Android users liked in the previous version.

Please note that this will be rolled out in several phases. First, we will release the tablet / desktop in-game interface. The small interface (for phones) will come later in a separate update.

Quote:
March 11
Hi board game fans. We’re excited to join you today and start a series of posts to chart our plans for Ticket to Ride Digital! (Post 1 of 4)

Three months after the release of the new version of Ticket to Ride, we feel it is important to give you some perspective about our development roadmap. One word of caution, though: as always with software development, things could actually happen in a different manner because of unexpected technological or planning issues. So take what follows as our best prediction, based on our current stage of development.

During the past three months, we have been working hard on perfecting the app, fixing bugs, improving usability, polishing some details, and publishing updates on a regular basis. We would like to thank our beta testers for their unfailing support, and more generally the player community for their feedback. We know that Ticket to Ride is important to our players, as shown by many emotional reactions when we released our major update last November. This fuels our motivation to keep working hard on the game to make it awesome.

Over the next week we’ll be outlining our steps moving forward, so follow us here to get the latest news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Is text on Facebook always that small?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SteveK2 wrote:
Is text on Facebook always that small?
That's irrelevant, as BGG does the text to be size 9 by default.

I just didn't want to clog up the post. If it's more of an issue than I anticipated this way, I can just go to default.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
ackmondual wrote:
If it's more of an issue than I anticipated this way, I can just go to default.

That would be great, thanks. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rasmussen81 wrote:
Come find out what our plans are for Ticket to Ride Digital over on our Facebook Page!

Finding out such things represents why I come to BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Lefebvre
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
Kicking ass since 2003
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, Facebook haters, the vegetarians of the Internet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
rasmussen81 wrote:

Agree completely!

Actually I think mr Rasmussen wants us to go to the f/b page, read the info and be so overwhelmed that we share the news and thus advertise Rasmussen's company...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ummm...I'm confused. Isn't there already a TtR digital?

If this isn't, then what have I been playing these last few months? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.daysofwond...

Sure looks like TtR on my device... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordhong wrote:

That site, or the individual web site of every publisher ... I just find it more convenient to come to this consolidation site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fomalhaut wrote:
TVis wrote:
rasmussen81 wrote:

Agree completely!

Actually I think mr Rasmussen wants us to go to the f/b page, read the info and be so overwhelmed that we share the news and thus advertise Rasmussen's company...
We could've still done that even if all that were posted here. It's probably more of a traffic and advertising thing. Even if you don't like it, just visiting their page does them good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happy if I could just get my current TtR iPad app to update properly. Since last November, when Days of Wonder gave us the massive app overhaul (which included the India map in-app purchase), I have NOT been able to get my app to update to the latest version. When I click on the "Update" button in the app store, the little spinny circle thing shows up for a few seconds, then it changes back to the "Update" button. When it was suggested that I delete the app entirely from my iPad and re-download it, the app store wanted to re-charge me, as if I were buying the app again for the very first time. There was no way I was going to pay for the app again, especially since I already invested money in ALL the in-app purchases available at that time.

Here's my main complaint. No one seems willing to help me. I have been in contact with both DoW and Apple, and each of them are telling me "Sorry, it's not our fault...it's (insert other company name here)'s fault. Contact them." The DoW tech support rep actually got kind of belligerent with me for being (understandably) upset.

So, now I"m left with an app that won't update, and no one to help me. Therefore, this latest "news" about new TtR app plans leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
For those averse to Facebook (AFAIK, you should still be able to view stuff on Facebook without logging in, but just in case)...

Just for the test, I did follow the link provided at the top of this thread.

Busy
Busy
Busy

This site receives no acclaim for its usability, but in two minutes of scrolling up down, and flipping back and forth here to compare ... I never did see the announcements you copied in above.

Reinforcing for me personally,
colmmccarthy wrote:
Vegetarian? I just hate Facebook because I am old.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wamboyil wrote:
~clip~ the app store wanted to re-charge me, as if I were buying the app again for the very first time. There was no way I was going to pay for the app again, especially since I already invested money in ALL the in-app purchases available at that time.

This is not uncommon. That Apple store acts like you are going to be charged again but when you continue, it'll recognize that you already own the game and you aren't charged. I wish Apple would find a different way of handling these issues, but it won't charge you as long as you're using the same Apple ID you used for the original purchase.

If, by some accident, it did charge you, there's a process for getting a refund from Apple. I hope it works for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I have never gone through with the actual purchase. What I did instead was reinstall the app from my backup on my Mac desktop (through iTunes). This at least gives me the app back on my iPad, but I still can't update it. I don't want to take a chance and go through the whole purchase process, because if I do get charged, I am afraid Apple/DoW will not refund me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:

Karlsen wrote:

Thanks for the info.

I am starting the rumour that if you are facebook free and go to facebook you run the risk of catching the cooties whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordhong wrote:

Or just people who think Mark Zuckerberg is a d-bag and prefer not to play in his sandbox. YMMV. And I'm a meat eatin' mofo brah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.