GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,866 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Epic Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: So, what is a tyrant, anyway? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this thread comes from my own desperation/boredom for not having Tyrants in my possesion yet and not having any more spoilers either.

So I was wondering, what is it about tyrants? are they just another keyword like "human" or "dinosaur"? or do they have some special rule or ability to use? maybe they're like playable demigod cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrant

A tyrant (Greek τύραννος, tyrannos), in its modern English usage, is an absolute ruler unrestrained by law or constitution, or one who has usurped legitimate sovereignty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I am aware of the general meaning of the word . I meant rather what are they in the context of the game. It strikes me that the expansion seems to be all about them but we still don't know anything about how they work/what they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
patient,they gona add images in the gallery card on their site soon after release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I guess we'll be flooded with spoilers past march 22th, but that's like taking forever man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Arnold
msg tools
mbmb
Rob described the Tyrants in the Dice Tower interview as main characters in the expansion. There are other cards in the expansion that refer to the Tyrants, but the term Tyrant has no impactful difference from human or demon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
I also believe that you met the King of the Forest, Mei, and meeting him is a sign of good luck.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping for more of those "Take that" cards where we target the player directly. That way my opponents will be like "Stop it you tyrant!"

At least one can hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Taylor
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
It's more of a storyline thing, but who knows what the future will hold?

Ian Taylor
Director of Organized Play
White Wizard Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.