GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,741 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Fog of Love» Forums » General

Subject: Set Up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Osterman
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to be sure we're getting setup right. The wife and I lost our second game last night but we were within spitting distance of a shared win and that's still using the first Scenario.

Pick Traits - Draw 5, assign Your Self 3. So we each pick, secretly what motivates out person.

Pick Profession - Draw 3, assign Your Self 1. So this gives us a chance to say silently: Hey I want to see myself score in the "Extroverted" choice track so I'm picking a profession for myself that scores there.

As a player, seeing what profession my partner picked helps me figure out one of their traits from the beginning.

Pick Quirks - Draw 5 and then GIVE 3 to the other player. So I give my parter a quirk like "Seductive Eyes". SHE ends up with a choice point for being "Curious" and I have communicated to her that I want her to be more of that because it was my call to give it to her.

Or am I misreading who scores the choice points in this phase?

I can see it going either way.... I made the choice to seek out someone with Cute Glasses and therefore ~I~ get the choice points. On the other hand SHE is someone WITH the cute glasses and therefore it's HER choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Jaskov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The one who gets the Features gets the choice points.

By the way: A thematic approach to giving Features at setup is to let each player give one, then let the other give one, back and forth (and for each say something like "One thing I really noticed about you and found wonderful is your Strange Makeup". This helps you set the mood (and may contain subtle clues...)).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.