GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,854 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: Care needs to be used when GeekModing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dafrca
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The following is just my opinion:

I have noticed several images that have been requested for moving to 'Creative" because the person thinks something is wrong and it isn't.

Example: I just rejected a request to move a Zombicide Black Plague image to creative. The person wrote "Elves are not part of the Zombie Genre". It was a picture of the game as it comes out of the core box. Clearly the person didn't know the Elf comes in the box. It *is* part of the game.

Example: A photo of the Mage Knight Board Game because "Photo has painted miniatures". Except the game comes with the pre-painted miniatures that were in the photo. The Photo was of the core game as it comes out of the box.

I know I have skipped some pictures when I was unsure of the game etc. I think if folks want to GeekMod they should use care to only mod what they know and leave games they don't know for others to mod.

Just a thought and my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Another way that users can help to make sure that their images are understood is to use good captions. If an image is of painted miniatures, include something that says "pre-painted miniatures" or "miniatures as they come in the box". If something looks upgraded, but is part of a certain edition, say "these are the metal coins that are included in the Deluxe edition" (etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dafrca
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I agree with your suggestion, captions could be better at times, I would still stand with my original opinion. Those who GeekMod should use care. The two examples above demonstrate how a GeekMod didn't know the game and went ahead and tried to mod the photo anyway.

Regardless, have a great day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.