GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,483 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Phoenix Wings Magnetized? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried to magnetize the Phoenix wings?

Space is at a premium right now so I need the larger models to be collapsible to a degree.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
I saw someone do that! It was freaking brilliant. I can't do it now because my model is complete but man I wish I did. It is definitely a space saver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
I didn't, but it would be relatively easy to do. A better choice is probably a pin with a socket though. Put a brass pin in the wing and a brass tube of matching size set into the body, it would end up sturdier since those wings have some weight to them. There is a picture of one done like this in the facebook group.

-edit-
If you're planning on getting any expansions I'd just glue the wings on. Saving space is a losing battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'll look into pinning the wings, thanks for the suggestion... All my expansions are in hiding, but I hear you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
cormor321 wrote:
I didn't, but it would be relatively easy to do. A better choice is probably a pin with a socket though. Put a brass pin in the wing and a brass tube of matching size set into the body, it would end up sturdier since those wings have some weight to them. There is a picture of one done like this in the facebook group.

-edit-
If you're planning on getting any expansions I'd just glue the wings on. Saving space is a losing battle.

That's where I ended up. Dragon God isn't very collapsible and is twice the size of Phoenix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good to know!
I was planning to magnetize the phoenix but was waiting for the expansions to see if it was worth it or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sadly the footprint on Spidicules is so broad that he doesn't fit in my curio with the rest of the miniatures. Sigh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hornsworth
msg tools
Blueskew wrote:
Sadly the footprint on Spidicules is so broad that he doesn't fit in my curio with the rest of the miniatures. Sigh.

Couldn't it just hover over and shadow other minis?whistle The thing is massive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We have cats and therefore doors on our display case unless we want to come home to sculpts that took a dive and were then batted, in pieces, around the house. The case won't shut anymore with Spidicules which has an extremely large width and length footprint. He may need his own home. Right now he sits in a large grey tub which is kinda creepy to open honestly, even when I know he's in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Blueskew wrote:
We have cats and therefore doors on our display case unless we want to come home to sculpts that took a dive and were then batted, in pieces, around the house. The case won't shut anymore with Spidicules which has an extremely large width and length footprint. He may need his own home. Right now he sits in a large grey tub which is kinda creepy to open honestly, even when I know he's in there.

The magnetic carrying case I'm putting together is going to use 12x16" shelves. Spindicules pretty much fills one....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.