1 Posts

Xenon Profiteer» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Xenon Profiteer At Lexington Comic and Toy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Grzywacz
United States
flag msg tools
Founder LexiCon Tabletop Gaming Convention in Lexington and CinCityCon in Cincinnati!
Before I start the session, I have to say that this has to be one of Eagle Gryphon's best new games. It is very well themed.

We had 3 of us playing and utilizing our air distillation systems! In this game you collect air to get money, the problem is most elements that make up are is junk. YOu have to distill the air to get any value out of it, you need to get rid of the oxygen, nitrogen, and kryptonite. Once you have done this, you are left with the very profitable Xenon.

I focused my game on improving my filtration system by adding the get two air contract installed on my system, which is a initial card in your deck at the beginning of the game. This allowed me to collect two air and more importantly $2 each time I did. Thus making my infiltration system a money maker baby!

Tom focused on getting more of the system cards in his hand, so he would have some to play each turn and eliminating the negative cards in his hand.

Josh focused on getting contracts, especially the lower contract with money and VP, so he could use the money to help him get more contracts. Josh was able to pull ahead at the beginning of the game, gathering more contracts then the other players and getting more victory points, but he ran into a problem having a lot extra elements at the end of each turn because he had not made improvements to his system to help weed out the bad elements effectively.

Tom was able to start distilling more effectively, getting a nice system upgrade where he could bid and buy on the same turn (usually you would have to do one or the other). This allowed him to put a bid on a card and then buy it for one cost less. He picked up a nice distill a nitrogen and do a regular distillation during the distill part of the turn and pulled ahead in processing and picking up a few contracts.

I was able to start purchasing upgrades and installing them directly on my system, which cost more, with my increased money making get two air improvement. The problem was, Josh was ahead of me at this time in VP because of his contract and I could not complete my fifth improvement without giving Josh the game. (Once someone completes five system improvements or five contracts the game ends.) So I had to hold off and start distilling more Xenon to get some contracts. Since I had used my previous buys for system improvements, I had built up a nice Xenon stock pile. Using the wipe ability, I was able to discard the current contracts and have some better ones come out, since Josh had already cherry picked the previous good ones.

I won the game in the end, mostly because I had played before, but Josh learned it quickly and will be much harder to beat next time.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.