GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,973 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Caleb Keith
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Played primarily as a 2-player game, which is the cream of this crop? (a poll)
Trajan
Fields of Arle
Five Tribes
Nippon
Bora Bora
Glass Road
Grand Austria Hotel
Keyflower
Viticulture Essential
      56 answers
Poll created by RatherBeGaming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jacobson

Omaha
Nebraska - NE
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Five Tribes is a great game even at two player. But two player is not the best experience of the game. For a game experience that is OPTIMAL at that count, go with Grand Austria Hotel. It's actually better at two than any other player count. And it's a fantastic game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it interesting that a game which is considered best with 4 is leading this poll. I would have thought Fields, which is built to play 2-player, would win out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Keith
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really appreciate everyone taking the time to vote and weigh in. I have researched each of these games quite a bit, and I am fairly certain I wouldn't go wrong with any of them. It is really not surprising to me that Trajan is getting more love than Bora Bora when comparing Feld games, but because Bora Bora is fairly inexpensive, I thought I would throw it on this poll. I am curious to know if anyone voting has played Nippon and how they feel it compares. I am not sure if it is not receiving votes because it is not as elegant a design as some of the others, or if it is simply more obscure and less played. It seems that the reviews on it are very positive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad vanVugt
United States
Baltimore
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We enjoyed Nippon enough to keep it in our collection, but we enjoy the other two games from that design team (Madeira and Panamax) much more. Trajan and Viticulture are probably in my wife and my top 15 games though, so they will get the nod over Nippon for sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
I am not sure if it is not receiving votes because it is not as elegant a design as some of the others, or if it is simply more obscure and less played

Just so you know, votes in a poll will tell you nothing about the relative merits of two games. Read reviews and comments for that.

And then there's individual taste, which is so hard to translate. For example, personally, I'm not a Feld fan, and much prefer Rosenburgs. That's why I voted for FoA, which is far and above a better 2 player game than the others on your list, for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Keith
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely a good point. As you suggest, I have done a lot of research on each of these games (watched video reviews and playthroughs as well as read many written reviews), but I also enjoy seeing the opinions of the BGG community as a whole (or at least those voting!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.