GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,384 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Jailbreakers: Plan Your Escape» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are some abilities considered as ongoing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kostas nikolo
Greece
Iraklio
Crete
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if some crafted item's abilities are considered as "ongoing". That is, they are always active and the player has not to "play" them.

Rules state that the player can use crafted item's abilities after the Dice Roll Action and after he takes the placement action.

So, what about these examples/questions?

1) Abilities are utilized after the Dice Roll Action. Does this mean that I cannot benefit from crafted item's abilities on my first roll? For example, if room No1 is occupied and my first roll is 1, I cannot use my Shovel (+1 to your dice pool) to place my die to room No2, is that right?

Same question on first roll applies to Guard Outfit (Guards do not effect you) and Worker Outfit (Place dice on a space already occupied).

2)How to use Nunchucks (Re-roll one die), if I have to roll and take the placement action first and then use the Shovel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I came here with some questions and find it a bit sad that yours haven't yet been answered by the designer. My assumption is that the rule book wanted to say something like this:

"You can only utilize items after you have placed your die and crafted items".

1) For the shovel, guard outfit and worker outfit that means you can not use them in the same round they were crafted because they apply to the die rolls. So you can not alter the die roll of that round by going back to it. But as I see it, once you have crafted an item, you can use it from the beginning of the next turn. That is the only way how it makes sense to me.

2) Following my logic I would play it like this: 1. Roll. If you don't like the result use the nunchucks to read-roll. If you don't like that result, add the shovel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kostas nikolo
Greece
Iraklio
Crete
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snake2shake wrote:
I came here with some questions and find it a bit sad that yours haven't yet been answered by the designer.
This project's customer support is at zero level. I mailed the designer on March 24th asking him to answer my questions. He answered on March 29th:
designer wrote:
Glad you like the game. Sure, I will answer the questions!
Still waiting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh no. I mailed him, too. No reply so far. Usually designers are glad to see interest in their product

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.