GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,469 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

The Republic of Rome» Forums » General

Subject: Use Vassal or AHIKS? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shannon M
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've never played this game before and I'm trying to get some of my fellow wargamers on board.

But once I do that is it better to use Vassal or AHIKS? I am not sure which one is better and I know some people prefer AHIKS to avoid cheating but I find the boards are always ugly in comparison to the Vassal modules.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never heard of AHICKS. The Vassal module is so bad that I don't use it. I just created my own Excel spreadsheet and we have ACTS do the random stuff for us (not perfectly.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon M
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My bad. I meant ACTS. Autocorrect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We used a combination of vassal and acts in our last game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon M
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How did that go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was fine. Vassal basically held the public game parts in place while acts held the deck and hands. acts was helpful for sending alerts to all people via email to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernardo Tonasse
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mb
Has anyone considered using Roll20? It's a virtual tabletop normally used for RPG games, but they have a card deck feature, as well as a rollable table feature, which solves some problems like drawing mortality chits. I just discovered this website, and so far have found only one thing it cannot do for RoR: shuffling together different decks and putting specific cards in a specific place in a deck (necessary for End of Era cards). I mean, you can do it, but only with a script and the free version does not let you use scripts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.