Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, it wasn't my intention to rime in the subject.
I've just started gluing the minis. But which ones should have the bases with the faces? I'd really like to do these minis right.
Why? Because they are probably the best minis I've ever seen. Can't wait to get all the expansions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
the faces with bases can be used for any of the survivor miniatures and you can buy more from the online store if you like, you dont have to use them though.

It is important however that you use the correct size bases for all the monsters. originally i glued the butcher onto a survivor base and had to remove him and put him on a larger monster base since the game rules require it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to do whatever you want with them, but I think they were first made for the survivors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!
I'll use them for the survivors then. They look really cool so I'll definitely use them as much as possible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a sidenote: How have you managed to attach the minis to the faced bases? My KD:M is on the way and I have read that some people claim that using plastic glue might not be enough to assemble these...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Shu1984 wrote:
On a sidenote: How have you managed to attach the minis to the faced bases? My KD:M is on the way and I have read that some people claim that using plastic glue might not be enough to assemble these...

It's fine. I used super glue and plastic glue... they attach without any issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it would be more difficult to affix the survivors to the face bases, but I had no problem. I use superglue, and I simply first found a good position for the feet that had decent points of contact. For some models it might even be easier to use the face base than the flat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Krauss
msg tools
Dark63 wrote:
Shu1984 wrote:

It's fine. I used super glue and plastic glue... they attach without any issues.

Since two of my Minis have broken during gameplay i resolved to fill the space around the feet with green stuff and use muuuuch glue, than its fine (allthough a bit ugly while not painted)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott YahNotHappening
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've had issues with the face bases coming unglued during play. I'm going to try pinning the model to the base next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I had one come off during play, so now I scrap a couple of semi-flat spots wherever the feet are going, just enough to give a couple of good contact points. It's been fine since then. I use plastic cement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Farler
Canada
flag msg tools
I haven't had any problems with plastic glue, but I also work the miniature around the base a bit first and see where the feet fit best and then glue it to that spot.

I did the same thing with the phoenix hands, then promptly gave up and found a guide. Dry-fitting can only accomplish so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
They had packs of stone bases on the site for a while recently & I bought a few packs. Thankfully I haven't starting making my minis yet so most of them can have stone face bases.

I am surprised they didn't make larger stone face bases for the monsters. Did that ever come up during the KS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.