GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,309 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
46 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: How do you house your Dominion cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Stephens
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a Dominion fanatic, but I find having cards housed in all the different boxes annoying.

Has anyone come up with a better solution or a way to house all your Dominion cards in a more play-friend way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't, but I have the same wishes for a better solution and am interested in seeing the responses.

Edit: Should this be in a Dominion family thread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Collins
Canada
Prince Rupert
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plastic grocery bag. the ultimate randomizer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Strobel
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I use this box and put all the kingdom cards in alphabetical order. I have all the sets but dark ages so plenty of room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
mbmbmbmbmb
Gstrobe188 wrote:

I use this box and put all the kingdom cards in alphabetical order. I have all the sets but dark ages so plenty of room.

I made foam inserts for the game box(es) to mirror this type of storage, currently fits in 2 for everything except cornicopia and adventures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
The problem in the equation is people. Eliminate that, everything works.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't house them. I kicked the freeloaders out onto the mean streets of New York. There they wandered from one urine soaked doorway to another, with occasional stops at crack dens along the way. Eventually they ended up at a Brooklyn homeless shelter where they were ripped up in a mad frenzy by a heroin addicted ex Magic the Gathering pro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Pete (doesn't claim it's smart)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeMo wrote:
I haven't, but I have the same wishes for a better solution and am interested in seeing the responses.

Edit: Should this be in a Dominion family thread?

I doubt there would be many readers. Rather base game forums.

@topic

I have the boxes. I actually like the insert and so don't mind that, but I don't take the game out of house anymore. Hans im Glück sold a storage solution while they had the rights to the game, but everything I saw so far gave up on the real nice storage which keeps the slots open while the cards are on the table
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
Crescent City
Northern California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here is my storage case. Hobby Lobby case with Broken Token insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
if I'm Andy, is Zack April? seems right...
badge
"When I get bummed out, I take my shirt off because the bad feelings make me feel sweaty."
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the Hobby Lobby art box solution...

but there are two reasons I haven't jumped for that:

the expense of the insert itself (which I suppose I could make for myself)

and having to support a biggoted company like Hobby Lobby which, if they knew I was gay, would fire me if I worked there lol.
so..I'll keep them in their boxes for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Fatmax-FMST14820-FatMax-Organi...
That holds all my cards, and they are in UltraPro Color sleeves (all 10 cards of a kind in one sleeve), color coded by set and each set in a different "cup".

I don't know what i will do when the next expansion arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One friend went baseball card box. Another went Hobby Lobby box. I would likely do Hobby Lobby box since the 40% coupon off a single item makes it around $15 + tax. The insert I'm at the point of saving up for a free shipping order of them. If you want a nicer solution, you kind of have to accept a higher cost. If you don't like the cost, well, that's what the baseball card box is for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rev Robbo 1 wrote:

This is what I do, but, I just went ahead and dropped the cash to get the artist box from Broken Token, with insert assembled, the elastic to hold the books, and the Dominion logo burned in to the case. I knew I could do most of it cheaper, but, I also knew I probably wouldn't, and the time savings was worth it, to me.

It is a phenomenal solution, though. Fits everything currently available, base, all expansions, all promos, all manuals, and all accessory bits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
futiles wrote:
Rev Robbo 1 wrote:

This is what I do, but, I just went ahead and dropped the cash to get the artist box from Broken Token, with insert assembled, the elastic to hold the books, and the Dominion logo burned in to the case. I knew I could do most of it cheaper, but, I also knew I probably wouldn't, and the time savings was worth it, to me.

It is a phenomenal solution, though. Fits everything currently available, base, all expansions, all promos, all manuals, and all accessory bits.

Do you have a link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
if I'm Andy, is Zack April? seems right...
badge
"When I get bummed out, I take my shirt off because the bad feelings make me feel sweaty."
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeMo wrote:
futiles wrote:
Rev Robbo 1 wrote:

Do you have a link?

http://www.thebrokentoken.com/dominion-case-and-organizer-se...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Netslummer wrote:
GeorgeMo wrote:
futiles wrote:
Rev Robbo 1 wrote:

Do you have a link?

http://www.thebrokentoken.com/dominion-case-and-organizer-se...
$100 for a box?

Pete (probably paid less than that for all his Dominion cards)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Netslummer wrote:

Thank you. Are you happy with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Stephens
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gstrobe188 wrote:

Where do you get these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brokenstaple wrote:
Gstrobe188 wrote:

Where do you get these?

I have at least one local game store which has them. I would track down any sports memorabilia store as they would have them as well. They honestly aren't that hard to find. Granted, I grew up down the street from what was the #1 dealer of them back in the day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gstrobe188 wrote:

Do you use labelled dividers to separate? I bought this same box the other day but I don't think I want to make a ton of dividers for it so I am hoping you have another solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
$100 for a box?

Pete (probably paid less than that for all his Dominion cards)

You get, a Hobby Lobby box that has being gutted to where they remove part of the artisan case which would hold your manuals for something else that would do the same, high-gloss polyurethane coating, the divider, and then an engraving on the box. I'm not sure on the part they remove how required it is.

Needless to say, a cheap version would be a lot less. Even if you possibly just remove what they do, or lay the manuals on top of the cards, stain it, and then either print and cut out the logo on clear label paper on use that as the topping or do a DIY where you take a full label sheet of paper, peel the label off, print on the paper, and then use that as your ink for the faux engraving. I'm guessing you might be out $60 doing it on the cheap with much of that being their insert Obviously if you are doing something besides Dominion like Netrunner, you would really have to like what they do to drop $130 on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bholmes4 wrote:
Gstrobe188 wrote:

Do you use labelled dividers to separate? I bought this same box the other day but I don't think I want to make a ton of dividers for it so I am hoping you have another solution.

Find one of the files in the Dominion page with a template which people have made and print it out on decent card stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a BCW trading card box as well. It's stupidly heavy... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahul Chandra
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brokenstaple wrote:
I am a Dominion fanatic, but I find having cards housed in all the different boxes annoying.

Has anyone come up with a better solution or a way to house all your Dominion cards in a more play-friend way?

I keep all of the Kingdom cards in a large zippered binder, using sports/ccg card pages - an entire stack will fit in one pocket as Dominion cards are narrower. Sorted by set, and alphabetically within each - so if I want to just pull out a few sets for portability it's easy enough. Probably I could stash banded basic cards around the pockets/rings, but I just keep them in a separate small box (specifically a Magic Fat Pack box), along with the randomizers in case of Black Market or phone troubles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeMo wrote:
Netslummer wrote:

Thank you. Are you happy with it?

Yes, extremely. I mean, it just makes it so portable and compact, but, keeps everything well organized. It is heavy, but, not at all unmanageable.

And to Pete, yes, actually like $121 with shipping. But, like I said, it was worth it to me for the convenience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.