United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
What experience do other people have with Your Move Games' customer service?

I spent a good chunk of money over 2 of the 3 recent Kickstarters that Chad ran. I did get a box and it had some stuff in it. Some of it was wrong. And what I received, even if I include the wrong stuff, was less than what I ordered. I've tried contacting Chad twice about the mis-pack of my box and he's not responded.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check one of the other threads on this topic, or all of them, for some idea of what might be happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Check one of the other threads on this topic, or all of them, for some idea of what might be happening.

That's a pretty useless comment without some suggestion of how to find such threads. They aren't here.

Here are a couple that I found, but for all I know there are more in places I didn't look.

UK (or EU) Kickstarter backers have you received your copy yet?
KS has not arrived yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Newman
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having the same problem. I have contacted them a number of times and had no response. So if someone has a suggestion, please share.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Peck
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Empirically Awesome Games! http://empiricallyawesome.com/
badge
Empirically Awesome Games! http://empiricallyawesome.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
Joining the YMG forum (ymgforum.com) and making a thread there seems to have worked for a few people, myself included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Unfortunately your issue is one of a number since the recent kickstarter campaigns [were supposed to have been] fulfilled... YMG's ownership appears to have become something of an absentee landlord. I received everything I backed from the BG:FW kickstarter but I've followed the complaints here and on the publisher forum with a growing sense of disappointment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
martimer wrote:

That's a pretty useless comment without some suggestion of how to find such threads. They aren't here.

Here are a couple that I found, but for all I know there are more in places I didn't look.

KS has not arrived yet
I thought you could handle it. Sorry I did not know to hold your hand. Click on the Publisher link for this game's page ("Your Move Games") then scroll down to the other games published by YMG. Click on each game and scroll down to the forums and search there.

I do apologize for not knowing exactly where they are located and not remembering what the problems are. I think you have to contact them directly to get your problem resolved. Unless it is for the Ogre version, it is coming eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I thought you could handle it. Sorry I did not know to hold your hand. Click on the Publisher link for this game's page ("Your Move Games") then scroll down to the other games published by YMG. Click on each game and scroll down to the forums and search there.

I could do that with or without your comment. So your reply wasn't the least bit helpful. I don't know if you were trying to be helpful, or deliberately trying to be unhelpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YMG's owner has been immersed in a new, separate business venture. Last September, he posted to one of the Kickstarters that the best way to reach him is through his new business email:

chad.ellis@bodaborg.com

You might give that a try, if you haven't already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For what this is worth, David and I "have a history" of not "understanding" or "dealing well" with one another. I do not recall why or when it started - We just seem to "set each other off" even without wanting or trying to.

I have apologized already for not being able to help. Good advice has been described in this thread. Best wishes. I think part of the problem, as I have said before, is that the nature of how BGG is organized (individual database entries for each game AND for a game family) can make it tough to track what is going on or find information.

Sorry for the troubles people are having with this issue - Note that I am merely a customer of YMG and have no other contact with them/him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
We just seem to "set each other off" even without wanting or trying to.

I'm pretty sure that, "Sorry I did not know to hold your hand," is trying to be rude.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
martimer wrote:
We just seem to "set each other off" even without wanting or trying to.

I'm pretty sure that, "Sorry I did not know to hold your hand," is trying to be rude.
For example, I was NOT trying to set you off with my first post, that seems to have set you off.

Yes, I was "set off" when I posted that and yes it was a poor decision post it. I am sorry for that choice of words.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
For example, I was NOT trying to set you off with my first post, that seems to have set you off.

Nope. I'm still not upset, and I don't know you from anyone else. I just pointed out that your reply was not helpful, and tried to give some help of my own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
martimer wrote:

KS has not arrived yet
So my "fault" was not teaching the use of the BGG search function? Yet you were able to find one using my advice. So perhaps "useless" was inaccurate?

Anyway, enjoy the games. I am kind of done with this thread. I keep hoping that I learn that going around with DdJ just goes nowhere for me. If I am alone in that, terrific.

Sincere best wishes to all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
So my "fault" was not teaching the use of the BGG search function? Yet you were able to find one using my advice.

No, your advice was useless. I was able to find it, just like everyone else, despite your lack of assistance.

If you wanted to help, you could post some links, or post some information from those threads. Posting "you can look it up yourself" as an answer to the original question just seems useless and unhelpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, can you please take your childplay elsewhere - or into PMs? You are piling unnecessary garbage upon the OP's question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
martimer wrote:
So my "fault" was not teaching the use of the BGG search function? Yet you were able to find one using my advice.

No, your advice was useless. I was able to find it, just like everyone else, despite your lack of assistance.

If you wanted to help, you could post some links, or post some information from those threads. Posting "you can look it up yourself" as an answer to the original question just seems useless and unhelpful.
Uhm, except that it lets people know that the information is available. If I could remember EACTLY where I saw it I would be a different person.

Do you remember everything you have ever learned? You do not even remember me (thank goodness? maybe the would "help" us avoid these stupid exchanges).

So, here I sit, a useless human being because I do not have perfect recall. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls