GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,384 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » General

Subject: Base set - best story (poll) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Which of the 5 stories are your favorites?
Story 1: The Fall of House Lynch
Story 2: The Inner Sanctum
Story 3: Blood Ties
Story 4: Classroom Curses
Story 5: Green-eyed Boy
      44 answers
Poll created by killerjoe1962

I am brand new to this game. Long story short I am baby-sitting this game for my step-son who bought it a while ago and it's still in shrink wrap, he doesn't know how to play it and asked me to show him. I said okay but I'll need to take it under my care for a while (he's 31 years old so it's not like he's in a panic about it).

I am familiar with the Arkham series of games, that is to say I own Elder Sign but have never played MoM, AH or EH but really do like the Lovecraft theme.

I have watched many game reviews and am starting to watch the 23 video series play through by Rodney Smith.

Which story would you suggest for me to try first? I could less about the theme of the story, I'm just looking to get the best first time experience as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Conveniently, the Fall of House Lynch is both the intended introductory story and the best of the base game stories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kreutzer
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way you put your question was a bit confusing - I thought you meant "Which of the stories do you like best in general", so I voted for no. 2. The best story to play first is indeed The House of Lynch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinweasel wrote:
The way you put your question was a bit confusing - I thought you meant "Which of the stories do you like best in general", so I voted for no. 2. The best story to play first is indeed The House of Lynch.

Sorry, you're right, the poll and my question are separate. I wanted to know two different things, which stories people like the best and which story is best for a newbie.

Thanks for replying!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matěj Jan Morávek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Roberta wrote, The Fall of the House Lynch is by far the best introductionary scenario. It is not too complex, its linear, almost always it is clear what should everybody do and it has great atmosphere/flavor/story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.