GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,489 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Love Letter» Forums » Variants

Subject: Gravity Falls Retheme rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deft Coyote
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just thought I'd share the outcome of my Gravity Falls retheme of Love Letter. My kids like Love Letter okay, but they LOVE the Gravity Falls version. They play it constantly. The cards turned out pretty nice, and I have some versions with other characters, but these seem to work well. Some are busier than others because the backgrounds go together to make a larger image.

I was going to use tokens resembling the journals to keep score, but haven't made them yet. Anyway, this would make a great theme for the game if someone took the time, but the kids are happy just having a skinned version of Love Letter. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha, I was just thinking of trying to do a GF version of Lost Legacy.

Really nice graphic design work on these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deft Coyote
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the compliment. I haven't played Lost Legacy yet, but I'm guessing it would be easy to modify what I have to work. I actually have several additional character cards that I made while deciding which ones to include.

Maybe I'll pick up a copy of the game and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The big difference with Lost Legacy is that everyone's trying to find a certain card, the 5, and at the end of the game the number on your card is the order you get a chance to find it.

So the 5 could be the journals. Or

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Bill Cipher

if you're playing with people who've already seen the show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deft Coyote
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Interesting. I wish I had the time to integrate the theme more. I should have used the book symbol with numbers to represent the card value.

GF would make a really great theme (rather than just a reskinning of it). He would definitely be a good card for #5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deft Coyote
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On a whim I made some custom tokens, a reference card, and a custom tuckbox that looks like a journal. It was my first experience making a tuckbox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orc Heuer
msg tools
Awesome theme!

we have also made a custom Love Letter theme based on the movie "Elite Squad" / Tropa de Elite (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0861739/), because we like the game but are not into this princess stuff :)

It is called "Caveira Letters", the box is metallic with the movie logo and the tokens are real ammunition (small ones, obviously)

We have some left if anyone in Brazil is interested :D
Hope you enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sroka
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Wow, great design work. I so wish this was an official variant! Curious: what paper stock and printer did you use to make the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deft Coyote
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if you're asking me or the other poster, but I just used standard cardstock on a Brother laser printer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Sroka
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Thanks! I might have to upgrade to a color laser printer just so I can do things like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Oakey
United Kingdom
Dartford
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any further news on this? My boy is a massive Gravity Falls fans, would be great to craft him a copy of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.