Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Z
United States
Palm Beach Gardens
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I had some family members over, I tried out Moods on the group. Those present were: Chrissie, Ryan, Larry, John, Terry and me. What's nice about this game is that it is simple to teach and does not last that long. I would say we were done within a half hour. So non-gamers do not get agitated by the length of the game. I found the chip placement mechanism a bit awkward. Since we played with 6, hands bump and chips get knocked out of hands or moved away, and "following" becomes too easy. Still, it is what it is, a simple and fun party game. Almost every turn was a laugh out loud moment-- you soon notice that those with scant acting talent have the same voice and facial expressions for all happy types and sad types, which makes it all the funnier. I got tripped up on a difficult combination: "Are those handcuffs real?" said in a jealous mood. This scored me 0 points and scuppered my chances-- I ended up in 5th, beating only Terry, who clearly did not enjoy the acting part but did enjoy the watching part. Terry and I were also hampered by only having 2 moods to act vis a vis the rest of the group, since the game ended on John's third turn. It might be fairer to allow the cycle to complete and then determine a winner.

Final order: John, Chrissie, Ryan, Larry, Stephen, Terry.

Most enjoyed this quite a lot, and said it was funny, but I'm not sure anyone would be clamoring for it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.