Carcassonne: Gold Rush» Forums » Variants

Subject: Base + River + Gold Rush Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle A
United States
flag msg tools
Hello BGG!

I have been thinking about combining Gold Rush with the base set for a while now, and I want to get your opinions on this as some of you may have done something similar. The basic idea is that you begin the game as usual, setting up the river, except that one "side" of the board will be regular Carcassonne, while the other "side" will be Gold Rush.

Players get both sets of meeples and use a regular meeple for scoring (not a cowboy meeple). On your turn you can pick either a gold rush or regular tile, and you must use the corresponding meeple type. Normal scoring rules apply.

One thing to overcome is that the river tiles do not show mountains and railroads. To remedy this, players will just have to accept one side as gold rush. For those river tiles that show a "city" on the gold rush side, assume it is a mountain with 1 gold nugget. Same for a river tile played with a "road" on the gold rush side, assume it is a railroad and carry on. Other than that no mixing and matching (don't connect city to a mountain, or a road to a railroad) although I would allow a Gold Rush tile to be played next to a regular tile, assuming the grass fields match up.

I am debating allowing players to place open-field monasteries (ie no roads or cities), on the gold rush side. We shall see.

Another thing I worry about is that I might not have a table big enough!

Anyway, let me know what you think. I would love to hear from people who have mixed and matched these sets.

Thanks for reading!

Kyle A.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.