Thumb up
2 Posts

Dragon Tides» Forums » General

Subject: Falling off the roof? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Bray
msg tools
I introduced my mate to Dragon Tides yesterday, and he absolutely loved it!

We played Glitterbang, and he got to the rooftop scene where, if he loses, he loses the whole game and, if he wins, he moves to the final battle.

The villain player can elect to move a minion off the map in order to have an extra minion in the final battle. Also, if anyone gets thrown off the roof then they roll a die and take one extra damage for each fist rolled.

Bruce Lee got thrown from the roof. A die was rolled but he took no extra damage. He was the last Dragon on the roof because the rest had exited.

What is supposed to happen? Bruce was thrown off the board, how does he get back on?

It seemed too harsh to say that Bruce was out of the game and so the Dragon side lost the entire game! Yet it can't be right to allow Dragons to hurl themselves off the roof instead of moving to the exit hexes!

In the end I decided that the Dragons won the scene but that every minion remaining on the roof now increased the number of minions in the final battle.

Before this, there were only going to be four minions in the factory; now there were nine! Despite winning every previous scene, the Dragons lost the final battle in two rounds!

What should happen after a Dragon gets thrown from the roof?
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luther Hendricks
United States
flag msg tools
I would have to review the book, but I believe the "off the roof" refers to the ground level hexes printed on the tile -- not throwing someone off the tile completely.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.