Mike Mayer
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all!

The Modern Tile paste-ups in the file section are a lot of fun, but I was a bit worried that if I decided I didn't like them anymore that I wouldn't be able to get them off the original pieces without damaging the game.

Well, after about six months with the paste-ups in use, I decided that I didn't like the job I did sticking them on the tile and wanted to try again, so I peeled them off. A little to my surprise, the original tiles held up wonderfully. There was no tearing or wear on the image. The only problem was that the sticker sheet left behind some glue-gunk, but even that came off after I rubbed each tile a bit with my fingers.

So if you're wanting to try the paste-ups but don't want to change your game forever, I say go ahead and give it a go. (Disclaimer: Your fate is not the same as my fate, and fate may deal you some bum cards, so I'm not saying it's a 100% certainity that your stickers will act the same way as my stickers did).

Incidently, I used Avery full-sheet labels.

Mike Mayer
mayer3@optonline.net

PS: Suggestion: if someone could make a PDF of the other tiles in the game, then a person could make a complete new set of tiles without having to alter the originals.

PPS: I've made a new set of tiles, each with the name of a more modern movie on them. So when someone takes a movie, they can also draw one of these tiles and place it over the original title to have a newer movie title to build upon. It adds a little variety and fun to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mayer
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Modern Tile paste-ups
Mike Mayer (#21722),

sigh . . . I found several more tiles hidding in my box and the stickers on them didn't come off so cleanly. There was some minor (very minor) fleking of the tiles, and the residue left behind was more belligerent. But I still think it's worth using paste-ups on the tiles if you like them. But fair warning, you may not have a mint condition game should you choose to remove them later.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Peek
United States
Preston
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re:Modern Tile paste-ups
Although I have not tried it, I would think that rubber cement might work better than traditional glue. The experience that I have had with it in other media suggests that it would allow the alternate artwork to be peeled away later and the rubber cement 'schmutz' easily peeled aweay with a fingernail. Just a thought...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.