Hocus» Forums » Variants

Subject: The Hocus Bohnanza Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
flag msg tools
I have a new variant idea I'm going to test, but I wanted to share here as it's really simple. This is a variant for advanced players.

This variant only works with Classic as it won't play nice with many of the draw Spells.

It is inspired by Uwe Rosenberge's excellent Bohnanza -- the key twist of that game is that you cannot re-arrange the cards in your hand and must play them from right to left.

I see two version of this.

Version One: Players are dealt their cards each round. Players shuffle them randomly, then hold them in their hand. On their turn, players may only play cards from right to left. If you use Build Pocket, you may play the two right most cards.

Version Two: Players are dealt their cards each round and organize them at the start of the round secretly. But, once the round starts, you cannot re-arrange them. I think this will take too long and ruins the fun of really managing what you have.

The end result? Good players will have to stall and take some bets on what to put where. I think lower hands will come into play more and big hands will be rare and spectacular. I want to try this!

If you try it, tell me how it goes.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.