Norbert Chan
flag msg tools
Wow, so this is what you get for 100 pieces of gold.
Earlier in the day, Gary had the duke that give you 2 X per monster, and only had 4 or 5 characters in front of him, and defeated 10 monsters, which led to the win. The remarkable part was that he has so few characters.

I joined in for a 5 player game. Player order was Gary, Don, Greg, Craig and myself. I was dealt the duke that gave 2 X per monster, and Lekzand’r, which gave 1 per hammers and 2 per wings. I decided to try Lekzand’r given that Gary had won with the other duke. Gary was collecting a bunch of needle (thief) symbols, and 7’s were being rolled constantly so he was rolling in the resources. Don was collecting needle symbols and Greg was collecting them. The needle symbols were all gone quickly and I didn’t have any! This limited me to what I could build for domains, but I got my share of wings which kept me in the game.

Everyone thought Gary was winning since he had a huge pile of resources. But he had no resources. Then Don got the domain that lets you steal a monster and stole one from Gary (it was a 3 VP monster).

I was able to end the game on my turn, picking up the last domain, and I didn’t want the game to continue with the high value monsters out there. I thought I had a chance of winning, but when we counted scores it was:

Don 54 (18 domain, 7 monsters, 3 resources, 3 VPs, 23 Duke Waryn),
Craig 52 (15 domain, 3 monsters, 7 resources, 3 VPs, 24 Duke Elysium),
Norbert 49 (15 domain, 10 monsters, 2 resources, 3 VPs, 19 Duke Lekzand’r),
Greg 45 ( 4 domain, 9 monsters, 8 resources, 24 Duke El’syn),
Gary 41 (19 monsters, 10 resources, 12 Duke Node).

Don's winning tableau with Waryn.

I think what hurt me was having no needle symbols, which limited my domain building purchases, but I was close. Don did well to maximize his points with Duke Waryn, especially with the 2 other dukes that gave 2 X needles also in the game.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.