Subject: Help! Running an 8-player game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Grimm
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hey all!

My Ilya copy of Dune has been getting much love over the last two years since I had it printed, and it still is a fave. Now, finally, we are having a chance to break out my custom set of expansion armies!

I have all of the unique game components for each of the additional factions, so I'm all set there.

I see that the 9-player map features redistributed spaces for player tokens (easy to fake on my 6-player board) and either one or two additional strongholds, depending on which map you look at.

So, my questions are!...

1) What other rules for large player games are there that I should know about?
2) What in the normal rules is changed in larger player games?
3) Am I missing any changes to the map beyond what I listed?
4) Are there any components I am missing (beyond the token and card sets I already have for all of the additional factions) or any other game components that get altered in a large player game?
5) Any words to the wise / guidance about what I should expect with this game experience?

We're all seasoned players at the game, so we won't be bogged down educating noobs, but I am still concerned about playtime. Almost certainly we'll play with 10 turn max and I might also introduce a timer to certain phases in order to keep the pace tight.

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated! Show me the way of the desert!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.