Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does this game do with 2 players? Do the current victory conditions work for it as is with two players or would there need to be changes? the elimination thing seems like it might not work as well with only two but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I'm trying to decide if it would be worth the effort to put it together if my wife and I are going to be the only ones really playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Henyey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I don't think the victory conditions as written will work for two players. That's because whoever has more religion points will win; only if there is a tie in that category will the other categories matter.

The situation would be similar, although not quite as extreme, in a three-player game.

I suggest the following modification to the victory calculation:

1. if one player is ahead in two out of the three categories, that player wins.
2. otherwise, follow the procedure outlined in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Henyey
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
It turns out that what I suggested is more or less what the original French rules called for. Here's my rough translation:

FOR TWO OR THREE PLAYERS

The winner is the player who has the highest score in two of the three types of influence. If there is a tie, it is the player who has accumulated the most economic influence points who wins. If there is still a tie, count political influence and then (if necessary) religious influence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas De Herdt
Belgium
Brussels (Uccle)
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: number of players
Ok I love this game a lot, I think it's very good and still fun,
the only trouble is that it's only fun with 4 I think. Never played the others , but found no one who would, seems all the people who played it around here agree, it only rocks at 4. At 3-2 it's ok, but really not as fun. So I advice it only if you can find players, if it's only to play with one person, it's better to try it out first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.