Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

Aside from the box sleeve I can't see anything about there being exclusives to the current Kickstarter. I just wanted to double check by asking.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hall
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently there haven't been any other exclusives listed that I'm aware of either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubble wrap!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrishall20 wrote:
Currently there haven't been any other exclusives listed that I'm aware of either.

Perfect thank you. That is how I read it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerbear
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
$20 off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Martin
Canada
north bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Syvanis wrote:
$20 off?

Don't think that counts, as I think they have over-inflated their msrp prices in the past. (at least if some of the comments are to be believed)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

Paying very early and receiving frequent production updates and other information such as the dates of shipping container departures, are all Kickstarter exclusives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theseventensplit wrote:
Syvanis wrote:
$20 off?

Don't think that counts, as I think they have over-inflated their msrp prices in the past. (at least if some of the comments are to be believed)

I cannot speak for other publishers, but TMG does not artificially inflate MSRP on Kickstarter so that it looks like you are getting a better deal -- which I think is what you're implying here.

When the game comes out, it will have an MSRP as indicated on the KS page.

Edit: I don't pay a lot of attention, but I don't recall ever seeing a case where a project creator inflated their MSRP so it looked like your discount was bigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johnson
United States
The Plains
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As a rule of thumb, you should expect all listed KS MSRPs to be "inflated" if you shop from an online game retailer. I checked and, in TMG's case, nearly all of their KS games retail for less than their listed MSRP at Coolstuff and a bunch of them are cheaper than the KS pledge tiers. However, this pattern is normal for most KS projects and certainly not the designers fault. Generally, if you purchase a game from the publisher's website directly or from a FLGS, you'll be paying the listed MSRP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperMike3288 wrote:
As a rule of thumb, you should expect all listed KS MSRPs to be "inflated" if you shop from an online game retailer. I checked and, in TMG's case, nearly all of their KS games retail for less than their listed MSRP at Coolstuff and a bunch of them are cheaper than the KS pledge tiers. However, this pattern is normal for most KS projects and certainly not the designers fault. Generally, if you purchase a game from the publisher's website directly or from a FLGS, you'll be paying the listed MSRP.

Yes, that's what MSRP means... it's not an inflated price, it's the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.

That you can find deep discounters when shopping online does not mean that the normal MSRP is inflated.

This is kinda what that whole Asmodee North America thing is about -- combating the perception that the MSRP is "inflated" because you can get deep discounts online. ANA will be giving online outlets less of a discount so that those outlets won't be able to afford to sell their stuff for such a lower price than the brick and mortar game shops.

TL;DR: MSRP = the price, not inflated. Online discounts are discounts off MSRP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.