1 Posts

For Sale» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Favorite session so far... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Harrison
United States
flag msg tools
My favorite session so far was a 6-player game in which I took the highest dollar amount available for 4 out of the 5 rounds in the selling phase, by playing my lowest value property on each of those rounds. The round that I didn't take the highest dollar amount was the last round, when I played my 29 and lost to the 30.
I was lucky in that everyone was playing their lowest property cards in the first two rounds because the highest dollar amounts offered on the table were on the low side ($10k or less). I was also lucky in that one of the four rounds that got me the highest dollar amount, I actually came in second but the money amounts that were available had two of the same cards for the highest value.
My lowest card was an 18 and I think it was the result of trying a successful strategy for the first time. When it came to bidding, I regularly bid $4k, even if I was the first or second to bid. It forced the player after me to consider passing on a bid and taking the lowest property available. After they did, it was easy for the next player to choose a higher-valued property by simply passing. I ended up with several properties in the mid-to-high 20's for a cost of just $4k, or less for the time that I pulled back when I was outbid. It seemed that $4k was the threshold to get the next player to pass and take the lowest property, especially if I was the first or second to bid. Previously, as a group we had done the bidding in increments of $1k, starting with $1k, $2k, and so on. I'll have to see how long it takes the other players to adjust to my new strategy.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.