Subject: English rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Boban Surbek
Slovenia
ljubljana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone please add English rules. Scanned rules in pdf format would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:English rules
I'll try to whip up a translation by Monday. In the meantime, though, I'll try to just tell you how to play. I'll assume you know how to play the original Carcassonne.

Set up the board with the interlocking pieces (which serve as the scoring track). Shuffle the little blue bonus tiles and place one facedown on each corner of the border (each such corner has a diagonal line separating two locations on the scoring track). Shuffle the tiles and place them into facedown stacks. Place one follower each on zero on the score track.

Each turn goes much like the original Carcassonne. Draw and place a tile. If you have a follower available, you may place him on the just-laid tile clearing showing which segment he is on (just like the original): towers (gray); houses (red); roads and fields. You can't have two followers (your own or from each player) on one segment although, as in the original, you may be able to build the board out such that two become joined. If an area ends up with more than one player's followers on it, only the player with the most followers will score for it. As in Carcassonne, when an area is completed, you can take back your follower (except in the fields just like farmers because they stay there throughout).

The first player has to place a tile against one of the starting areas shown on the border. If you place a follower on a segment that matches a segment from the border, you can claim the border's partial tile in your ultimate score. When you place a tile, only roads have to match up, which is different from the original. So in other words, you can place a tower segment flush up against a house segment. A tower or house is complete when it is fully surrounded by OTHER types of buildings or terrain. Roads are completed when they end in buildings or in town squares (which actually look a lot like manhole covers).

Scoring: Towers: 2 points per tile. Houses: 1 point per tile. Roads: 1 point per tile but 2 points per tile if there is a well along the road. At game's end, incomplete roads, towers and houses do NOT score. The farmer-equivalents score 3 points per market (blue tent) in their respective fields.

When you complete your first house, put your little palace piece on it. If you complete a bigger one, move it to that one. At game's end (when the last tile is placed), if one player has a bigger completed house than the other, he gets a bonus equal to the largest hole in the board. (So if the biggest gap could fit 5 tiles, for instance, you get a bonus of 5).

As you score DURING the game, if your scoring follower lands exactly on a corner (either part separated by the diagonal line), you get to take the facedown bonus chip if there is still one there. Turn it face-up in front of you. Some you can use only during the game, and some only at game's end. (By the way, you don't get these during the final scoring of the game.) Unfortunately, I don't have the bonus chips in front of me while I'm writing this, so I'll try to do my best from memory.

Tile showing two "C"s: turn it in during the game to take a complete extra turn.

Tiles showing a kind of area (like a house or tower) with a "x2" on them: turn it in once during the game to score double for a completed house or tower as shown on the bonus tile.

Tiles showing either a road, house or tower with a little follower on it: during final scoring, you may score one INCOMPLETE segment of the type shown as if it were complete.

Tiles showing a plus "5": turn it in at game's end for an extra 5 points.

One final note: as in the original, you can have incidents of quick-scores where you place a tile that happens to complete an unoccupied area, place a follower on it, score it and get the follower back.

Obviously, the player with the most points at the end wins. If you have any questions while awaiting a translation, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boban Surbek
Slovenia
ljubljana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hanuman (#21823),
thank you very very much laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grabbed the rules and realized I forgot a couple of bonus tiles. They are:

The palace with a "+2" on it: means that, at the end, your palace counts as if it had two more tiles on it for purposes of seeing who gets the palace bonus

Tile with a market and a "4": means that you can turn it in at game's end to make the markets in 1 field of your choice worth 4 each instead of 3.

Have fun, and I'd be curious to know what you think of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.