Subject: Question about drawing and discarding cards.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Harris
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The only aspect I am confused on with this game is the drawing and discarding of cards.

Lets say I have four bullets and four cards. It is my turn and I draw two cards. So now I have six cards. Lets say I play five cards. So now I only have one left when my turn ends.

When it comes back to my turn am I allowed to draw three cards to make my hand amount equal to my life amount (4) plus the two normal cards to be taken.

Or am I unable to play five cards to begin with and was only allowed to play two cards so that the amount in my hand was equal to my life amount.

Does my turn end when I am holding four cards or can I play as many cards as I want and then draw up (on my next turn) the amount of cards I played plus the two extra cards I am allowed to take at the beginning of my turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Ross
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re:Question about drawing and discarding cards....
nightterror (#21831),

Do explicitly what the rules say to do, when they say to do it (you're thinking to much ).

So, at the beginning of your turn always draw two cards regardless of anything (other than your character's special power). At the end of your turn, always discard down to your life total... and don't think about it at any other time. After all, with General Stores and some character powers (Bart Cassidy and El Gringo) it's possible to have more cards than you can *ever* have life at the start of your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Re:Question about drawing and discarding cards....
nightterror (#21831),

it's very simple: IF (at the end of your turn) you've more cards than life points THEN you must discard (so that you've as many cards as life).

If you've fewer cards, nothing happens.
If you have more cards than your life total in other moments, nothing happpens.
Simply check the number when your turn ends.
Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.