This is a new way to resolve combats for those who don't like to play poker, It is not better or worse than the original one, It is just different.
- Players draw cards as per normal rules.
- Players can change up to 2 cards before the combat starts.
The combat is divided in three rounds, the winner will be the player who wins two rounds.
- First Round, Fire cannons salvo, in this round players may put face down up to two cards, minimun one card, reveal the cards simultaneously.
The player with the bigger value CANNONS+FIRE wins, one card must be of cannon, if no card of cannon then you salvo is zero. In case of a tie players will use another card from his hand as a second salvo, cannons or fire will be ok. If the players don't have more fire or cannon cards in hand take cards from desk, one per player at once, until one wins the round.
Dragon card acts as per normal rules.....
- Second round, Musket fire, play as in first round, the winner will be the player with the bigger value MUSKET+FIRE+RON, you can add FIRE or RON to the MUSKET card, but only one. If no Musket card played, then your total value is zero.
Ties must been resolved as explained before but only Musket, Fire and Ron cards are accepted.
Dragon card is now a JOKER, as per normal rules.
- Third round, the same as before but cards accepted are BLADES+RON
Dragon card is a JOKER.
IF there are 3 or more ships involved in the battle and no one wins two rounds, the winner will be the firts attacker (if he has won one round of course) if not, the second attacker..... etc