BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: ChitChat About Werewolf rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
For when we need it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Thread for Werewolf-Related Non-Advertising, Non-Replacement Discussion
If anyone would like to wager on whether or not this thread gets used, please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I would use this often. I often have Werewolf related musings that I don't really have a place to post so they get lost. Not important enough for their own post, not really fitting for chit chat, not serious enough for the most recent "observations" type thread, etc.

--------------------------

/wiki/page/BGG_Werewolf_Articles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
I think I would use this often. I often have Werewolf related musings that I don't really have a place to post so they get lost. Not important enough for their own post, not really fitting for chit chat, not serious enough for the most recent "observations" type thread, etc.

Ditto!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:

Ditto!
Speaking of, you still owe me this discussion!

TFang wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:
TFang wrote:
This game and my unique perspective of watching someone in RL getting taught to play by someone in Cassy chat has got me thinking a lot about how we teach people the ropes.
What'd you learn? I'm interested in hearing this.

- People who don't feel comfortable as evil are much better at teaching how to play it. There was a guy who drew me as his first wolf buddy, he got a very genial, but much less helpful introduction.

- A lot of questions we ask as good that sound like they're in English are actually a WW subdialect that we feel like we translated out of (I noticed people's efforts), but don't actually translate to full enough English to communicate to a new person what we're asking for.

- Other nebulous things I'll pontificate on when I'm in a time of day I should be awake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
TFang wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:

Ditto!
Speaking of, you still owe me this discussion!

TFang wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:
TFang wrote:
This game and my unique perspective of watching someone in RL getting taught to play by someone in Cassy chat has got me thinking a lot about how we teach people the ropes.
What'd you learn? I'm interested in hearing this.

- People who don't feel comfortable as evil are much better at teaching how to play it. There was a guy who drew me as his first wolf buddy, he got a very genial, but much less helpful introduction.

- A lot of questions we ask as good that sound like they're in English are actually a WW subdialect that we feel like we translated out of (I noticed people's efforts), but don't actually translate to full enough English to communicate to a new person what we're asking for.

- Other nebulous things I'll pontificate on when I'm in a time of day I should be awake

I have it partially done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really sure where to put this, but people should feel free to steal it if they get questions.

Guide to BGG Werewolf and the Village Square Threads

I've been asked about this several times recently, so I figured that I should throw this together into one post.

Here is the overall Werewolf subforum for games.

Here is the overall Village Square subforum for Werewolfers to chat outside of games.

Here is the thread where moderators advertise new games and replacement requests: The thread that has everything to do with games in progess/advertising/replacements/hey look at that!

Here is the thread for talking about werewolf stuff: ChitChat About Werewolf

Here is the thread for chit chatting: The thread that has nothing to do with any game in progress (WW Chit Chat #2)

Here is the thread for asking for help designing/moderating games: WW Game Development Queue

Here is the thread for Cassandra issues: Cassandra Bug Reports and Change Requests

Here the the thread for Wolfy nominations: 2016 Wolfie Award Nominations!

Other than that, you can browse the topics in the Village Square. There are a ton of topics to choose from. Or feel free to make your own!

Three pieces of etiquette:
1) Please use spoilers tags for any NSFW pictures/gifs or for spoilers about anything that has come out in the last few years.
2) Please tag any potentially controversial threads with RSP in the title. (Religion, Sex, Politics)
3) Please do not quote anything in spoilers tags in RSP threads. This is so that people can go back and delete their posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
So, can I think of this thread sort of as "Chit Chat ABOUT Werewolf?"
I guess the reason for the question is to get a gauge of the seriousness people would like this thread to have.
For example, I was about to post and tell TFang that for some reason I keep thinking her new avatar is Smugvid. That's like a 'chit chat' type comment. Is it acceptable here in the flow of conversation, or do we want this thread to have a more stringent posting attitude?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnad2006 wrote:
I guess the reason for the question is to get a gauge of the seriousness people would like this thread to have.
For example, I was about to post and tell TFang that for some reason I keep thinking her new avatar is Smugvid. That's like a 'chit chat' type comment. Is it acceptable here in the flow of conversation, or do we want this thread to have a more stringent posting attitude?

I am not a fan of policed threads, so anything like that is fine with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LJ - Idea: edit your top post here with that Guide and rename the thread to "Chit Chat ABOUT Werewolf" (I think that name is perfect; I spent a couple good minutes on names and couldn't come up with anything.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Zarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnad2006 wrote:

Like, you think they're my posts or it's a pic of the same guy as my avatar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Smugvid wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:

Yeah, I think they are yours posts instinctively. Maybe just cause it's a guy with a mustache? Maybe because that guy looks fancy and in my head, you're a fancy British guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugvid wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:

Maybe your guy is a relative of David Tomlinson?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnad2006 wrote:
Smugvid wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:

Yeah, I think they are yours posts instinctively. Maybe just cause it's a guy with a mustache? Maybe because that guy looks fancy and in my head, you're a fancy British guy.
Did you not grow up with that guy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My own on-topic questions are about night games. Why aren't there more of them? How did Legacy and WWTD@night end up the only regularly running ones right now? I'm running as many night games as day games, and with my schedule that's just odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:

I couldn't find a decent still I liked from B&B, I'm pretty sure this is him playing in Mary Poppins. It seemed close enough for government work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
My own on-topic questions are about night games. Why aren't there more of them? How did Legacy and WWTD@night end up the only regularly running ones right now? I'm running as many night games as day games, and with my schedule that's just odd.

For me, it's that I don't like running night games. I do things in the evenings, and I sometimes have issues with being able to be online at the same time every night for a week. The night Legacy game has definitely seen that happen a few times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
nolemonplease wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:
Smugvid wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:

Is it the Addams Family dad? If so- then I only recognized him when I looked at it more properly from this comment that made me think I should recognize him. I never watched the show much though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne
msg tools
badge
'Did you know the human eye can see more shades of green than any other color?'
mb
TFang wrote:

Hm, for the European crew, night games have lynches around 3 AM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
TFang wrote:

I think it's likely just player availability? I think many people are like me and play WW instead of doing their desk jobs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
TFang wrote:

For me, it's that I don't like running night games. I do things in the evenings, and I sometimes have issues with being able to be online at the same time every night for a week. The night Legacy game has definitely seen that happen a few times.

That's why that particular combination of series is so weird to me, we're both core day wolves. I work many evenings, so I have to put lynch so late that I only get 5 hours between Dawn and the alarm on Mon-Tues and Weds-Thurs days. I could cheat a non-WWTD game a little earlier, but it would still be offshift.

I feel like games used to exist at night that more night schedule people ran, but I didn't pay enough attention to have a sense of who they are to find out if they are okay and whatnot. I'm just wondering what happened to them. RRS was a night series, yeah?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
The always been like this as long as I've been playing.

There's one or two night games around. Sometimes they disappear for a few months and then they will get started back up. Usually there's a "night crew" of the same players that play them. Demo, irwin, Nessus, and I think there was an old school night crew as well.

I personally have been finding them a bit stressful lately. I am finding that since the some players (understandably) can only make it for lynch at night, that they aren't around until a few hours until lynch, that a lot of the activity is crammed into a few hours of the day. Which is sort of the opposite of how I've been trying to play lately (a more casual attitude versus the frantic style).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
TFang wrote:

That's why that particular combination of series is so weird to me, we're both core day wolves. I work many evenings, so I have to put lynch so late that I only get 5 hours between Dawn and the alarm on Mon-Tues and Weds-Thurs days. I could cheat a non-WWTD game a little earlier, but it would still be offshift.

I feel like games used to exist at night that more night schedule people ran, but I didn't pay enough attention to have a sense of who they are to find out if they are okay and whatnot. I'm just wondering what happened to them. RRS was a night series, yeah?

Yeah. Run by Nessus/irwin. They're still around. Not sure what happened it.

I think that some of the night mods just haven't really run stuff since The Crash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
TFang wrote:

RRS was the main night series. (Nessus took over, and his attention is now playing Legacy.)

Belash when he was around would run the occasional evening lynch. I ran a couple night games.

There hasn't been a whole lot to notice an absence, though, I feel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I was finding that playing at night was taking too much of my time away from spending it with others. Not that when I'm not here at night, I'm always doing something with other people. But it kind of sucks if you are and then want to be like, "Hey, I need to go to the computer for 30 minutes to an hour." or you don't, but then you miss lynch and you're also distracted when you're doing something else. And it can be like that for multiple days in a row, of course. It just got to be something I didn't like, even though I'm fortunate to be dating someone that understands as they're a frequent BGG user as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [47] |