Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Day lynches, Night lynches... who needs deadlines at all?

Majority Rules. Werewolf... of the FUTURE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
TFang wrote:
My own on-topic questions are about night games. Why aren't there more of them? How did Legacy and WWTD@night end up the only regularly running ones right now? I'm running as many night games as day games, and with my schedule that's just odd.
People weren't playing in the old night games, so they stopped running. Nessus might have been the last "consistent evening dusks" ...?

That, and as I have mentioned elsewhere, our player base is smaller than it used to be.

Edit. Took too long to reply. Question was answered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind the occastional Majority Rules style game, but there is a certain helpful cartharsis to something happening at a deadline, even if you're not sure it is the right decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
nolemonplease wrote:
I think I would use this often. I often have Werewolf related musings that I don't really have a place to post so they get lost. Not important enough for their own post, not really fitting for chit chat, not serious enough for the most recent "observations" type thread, etc.
I just want to say that the chit-chat thread used to have much more ww discussion - but with the prolific specific threads, chit-chat mutated.

Not trying to say that this evolution is a bad thing, just that chit-chat used to have many more werewolf discussions like this. We (generally) changed it ourselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Zarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnad2006 wrote:
Smugvid wrote:
shawnad2006 wrote:
So, can I think of this thread sort of as "Chit Chat ABOUT Werewolf?"
I guess the reason for the question is to get a gauge of the seriousness people would like this thread to have.
For example, I was about to post and tell TFang that for some reason I keep thinking her new avatar is Smugvid. That's like a 'chit chat' type comment. Is it acceptable here in the flow of conversation, or do we want this thread to have a more stringent posting attitude?

Like, you think they're my posts or it's a pic of the same guy as my avatar?

Yeah, I think they are yours posts instinctively. Maybe just cause it's a guy with a mustache? Maybe because that guy looks fancy and in my head, you're a fancy British guy.

heart

I am the least fancy guy alive, but I'm pleased that I give a fancy impression.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
gelrod wrote:
Is this the right place to go if I want to advertise my no-replacement game?
So it's okay to mock people if it's in a different thread?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I will never play a Majority Rules game again unless there is massive pleading, and I'm given an immense amount of cookies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
shawnad2006 wrote:
I will never play a Majority Rules game again unless there is massive pleading, and I'm given an immense amount of cookies.
I make amazing cookies (and can even provide a testimonial if needed), but I don't run majority rules games because someone else always wants to more than I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
And btw, this:
ljtrigirl wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:
Fwiw, "informing mods of a personal issue" is _not_ the point of this thread.

It's not a personal issue.
Is bullshit. You specifically said "if you do X, _I_ am replacing out." So stop being so narcissistic that you think your issues are everyone's issues and admit that there are any number of better threads than the place we use for "need people for X!" Posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Do you prefer to play as good or evil?
Good
Evil
Conversion is where it's at
      31 answers
Poll created by ohgrande
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I don't play the Majority Rules games anymore. I mostly just mod them. I know that I do not have the patience for such things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mono
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be cool. Don't be all, like.... uncool
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry people, I misread the poll and voted for "Conversation is where it's at" blush

I have since read correctly and changed my answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
mbmbmbmbmb
ohgrande wrote:
Poll
Do you prefer to play as good or evil?
Good
Evil
Conversion is where it's at
      31 answers
Poll created by ohgrande

I'm seriously the first person to vote evil? Y'all are weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
monogarden wrote:
Sorry people, I misread the poll and voted for "Conversation is where it's at" blush

Conversion is very definitely in my opinion not where it's at. Unless it is the dawning horror of realising you're now suddenly evil!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mono
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
monogarden wrote:

Conversion is very definitely in my opinion not where it's at. Unless it is the dawning horror of realising you're now suddenly evil!
But what if you get to join the winning team! Or be redeemed from your evil ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Zarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
Shawna, you ruled that game!

I would happily play MR games constantly.

I was thinking of running a WW game with the rules we play at my live meet (normal rules? I don't know). Someone has to nominate a player to lynch, then get a seconder. After the second, no one can speak except: Nominator explains why they nominated, seconder explains their second, then the nominee gets to defend themselves. After that, every one votes, majority rules. 3 nominations without success calls dusk with a no lynch.

Is that the normal way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
And btw, this:
ljtrigirl wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:
Fwiw, "informing mods of a personal issue" is _not_ the point of this thread.

It's not a personal issue.
Is bullshit. You specifically said "if you do X, _I_ am replacing out." So stop being so narcissistic that you think your issues are everyone's issues and admit that there are any number of better threads than the place we use for "need people for X!" Posts.

This will be my last post on the subject because I have zero interest in continuing this further.

If I thought there was a better place for that post, I would have put it there. People post things like that triggered by recent game happenings from time to time.

And it is not my issue because I am not the only one that has been annoyed and frustrated by it in recent games. I am just the only person vocal enough that is willing to endure responses like yours.

People are free to do what they want to do when they mod. But that doesn't mean that the players don't get to express displeasure or leave games when mods make what they feel are unfair or biased decisions.

Please do not call me narcissistic again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
monogarden wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
monogarden wrote:

But what if you get to join the winning team! Or be redeemed from your evil ways.

Ehhh. For me it's not wholly about winning. I prefer to enjoy myself as much as I can. And conversion just taints that for me slightly, sure I could theoretically join a winning team, but if I was already losing on the Good team, I'd feel as if I lost rather than won regardless of outcome if you get what I mean? And I don't like feeling comfortable in my role and then suddenly having to not be. I believe LJ can also expound on her distaste for conversion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently, I have much preferred being evil because I've felt a lot of pressure when I was good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I used to like playing evil a lot. I'm finding it more stressful lately. Not sure why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
monogarden wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
monogarden wrote:

Ehhh. For me it's not wholly about winning. I prefer to enjoy myself as much as I can. And conversion just taints that for me slightly, sure I could theoretically join a winning team, but if I was already losing on the Good team, I'd feel as if I lost rather than won regardless of outcome if you get what I mean? And I don't like feeling comfortable in my role and then suddenly having to not be. I believe LJ can also expound on her distaste for conversion!

I have a very weird opinion on conversion.

I love conversion. I love having to re-evaluate people all of the time.

I hate there being ONE convertible role.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mono
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
monogarden wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
monogarden wrote:

I like winning

Evil friends, keep that in mind if you need to convert someone AND you're going to win. Please don't add me to a losing team, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnad2006 wrote:
I used to like playing evil a lot. I'm finding it more stressful lately. Not sure why.

Nice crosspost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawna
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Smugvid wrote:
Shawna, you ruled that game!

I would happily play MR games constantly.

I was thinking of running a WW game with the rules we play at my live meet (normal rules? I don't know). Someone has to nominate a player to lynch, then get a seconder. After the second, no one can speak except: Nominator explains why they nominated, seconder explains their second, then the nominee gets to defend themselves. After that, every one votes, majority rules. 3 nominations without success calls dusk with a no lynch.

Is that the normal way?

That's how I have often played in real life. I actually don't like it.
Because sometimes I'm not the nominator (someone beats me to it) or the accused, but I have a passionate reason to speak about the topic, but I'm told to be quiet.
I DON'T LIKE TO BE SILENCED!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Especially when the one role doesn't know they're that role. Part of the fun of conversion is knowing that anyone could change at any time. But that isn't the case with a single convertible role.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [47] |