Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mb
Just saw some new posts on upcoming Diamant reprint on Faidutti's blog and TricTrac.net.

They have some of the new art on display and some details on the new edition including:
-The gameboard is back!
-Artifacts will be included cool
-They will still have the treasure chests.

Although Faidutti says on his blog post from yesterday that it will have meeples (for the "meeple drop"), the art on the TricTrac post from today looks like it's just Stay/Go cards, unfortunately. But, at least
The Stay/Go Decision cards are much more clear than the Incan Gold edition cards.
The new edition will apparently have BOTH Indiana Jones meeples AND decision cards (see below)!

Unfortunately it looks like this one will be French only, from what I can tell. Still, I might have to import this one and upgrade from my SunRiver 1st English edition...

See the art and components and such here, the art is really nice!

http://faidutti.com/blog/?p=5623

http://www.trictrac.net/actus/diamant-forever
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mb
Actually: looking at the back of the box on TricTrac, it does say among the contents that there will be "8 explorer pawns". But there is no representation of them on the boxback art nor anywhere else.

Maybe there will be Decision Cards AND meeples? So you can choose your method? Or the contents list is wrong...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man I'm with you. I think I might have to get this version as well. I like the art better. I like the two new stay/go cards as well. I'm not worried about the meeple drop, in part because I only own Incan Gold and have never played that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Actually: looking at the back of the box on TricTrac, it does say among the contents that there will be "8 explorer pawns". But there is no representation of them on the boxback art nor anywhere else.

Maybe there will be Decision Cards AND meeples? So you can choose your method? Or the contents list is wrong...

I could see the player pawns working their way through the temple by being physically placed on the tiles. A visual way to see who is left in the round.

I like that actually. Makes it a little less abstract than Incan Gold (at least) is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Bruno just posted in his blog that it will have both meeples and decision cards. The meeples don't really have game functionality and would be put in the camp on the gameboard when you leave the cave. I think the idea is that they'd be advancing along on the most recent cave card if you haven't left yet. Maybe it's more thematic. But I would probably just use the meeples for the "meeple drop" as I think that's more fun than turning over a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annabel Seaton
United Kingdom
Portslade Village
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
I sell my handmade dice bags on Etsy - www.dicebags.co.uk
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for sharing this :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Bruno just posted in his blog that it will have both meeples and decision cards. The meeples don't really have game functionality and would be put in the camp on the gameboard when you leave the cave. I think the idea is that they'd be advancing along on the most recent cave card if you haven't left yet. Maybe it's more thematic. But I would probably just use the meeples for the "meeple drop" as I think that's more fun than turning over a card.

I'll probably use them for advancing along the board myself. Nice that there is an option to play the way one wants.

I wonder if the tiles would be cardboard (or is it called chipboard?) or square cards. I feel like cards might be easier to shuffle that way. What does Diamant have now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Baker
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know when pre-orders will be available for this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
I wonder if the tiles would be cardboard (or is it called chipboard?) or square cards. I feel like cards might be easier to shuffle that way. What does Diamant have now?
Old Diamant had tiles. New Diamant uses the same word for both, "35 carte Expédition" and "16 carte Décision" but I don't know if that's significant in French. (Looking at the box backs of older Diamant games, it looks like they switched to square cards some time ago.)

With both meeples and decision cards, I suppose one could play with up to 16 players.

€25 (or €28?) is a little high, but it's Diamant.

It would be nice if this were a multilingual version to sell throughout Europe. I'll look at getting a copy. Incan Gold is just too cheap-looking. I hope Sunriver or Eagle-Gryphon or whoever buys a clue and switches to this version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
venrondua wrote:
Old Diamant had tiles. New Diamant uses the same word for both, "35 carte Expédition" and "16 carte Décision" but I don't know if that's significant in French.
I have "old" Diamant, and it used square cards, not tiles. I think they need to be pretty big, perhaps too big to be tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
wesbaker wrote:

I tried to click some of the links from the Tric Trac site but only got generic searches for Diamont on Amazon and Phil's. No pre-order there. I'd at least like to know where I can subscribe to release information if anyone has that info?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mb
prosumer wrote:
wesbaker wrote:

I tried to click some of the links from the Tric Trac site but only got generic searches for Diamont on Amazon and Phil's. No pre-order there. I'd at least like to know where I can subscribe to release information if anyone has that info?

The version info says it releases in July 2016, but, interestingly on the IELLO "Upcoming" page it's not even listed, and they list through August and also just generally in 2016:

http://www.iellogames.com/Coming_Soon.html

The designer did say this edition has had many complications and delays, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

You could subscribe to IELLO's newsletter? They are the publisher of the new edition.

http://www.iellogames.com/index.html#newsletter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Baker
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
prosumer wrote:
wesbaker wrote:

You could subscribe to IELLO's newsletter? They are the publisher of the new edition.

Great suggestion, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mb
wesbaker wrote:
JohnnyDollar wrote:
prosumer wrote:
wesbaker wrote:

Great suggestion, thanks.

Also, I am guessing that, when it does come out, GameSurplus will carry it. They are usually able to get ahold of imports. From my previous experience, if you email them with the name of a game you want, they will email you when it becomes available, with a price. At least, I've had 100% success with that in the past with them, with other imports.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm soooooooooooooooooo excited for this new edition. Like unreasonably so as I already have Incan Gold. But I want this game like now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gem tokens for scoring?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the new iello version be available in the US?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
How do I place an order for the new print? I live in EU.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Critical Mass wrote:
gem tokens for scoring?

I think they are referring to the gems you collect during the game, then count to determine your final score at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Critical Mass wrote:
gem tokens for scoring?
Yes, as shown on the box back: Re: New details on the new Diamant version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheryl
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
There's an unboxing video here!
https://youtu.be/hrffU9myRNk

Can anyone that speaks french tell us if they mention release date? Or if will be released in North America?
Also will the monster/loot be cards or tiles?

Gah! I want this game right now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
chsy wrote:

Can anyone that speaks french tell us if they mention release date? Or if will be released in North America?

Nice to see this. My French isn't great, but I'm pretty sure that Virgine said that each player would have a treasure chest in their color (they only showed one "new" chest, it was brown), and that the gems would still be white and red plastic. Everything else I could understand was pretty clear from just watching the video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mb
wmshub wrote:
chsy wrote:

Nice to see this. My French isn't great, but I'm pretty sure that Virgine said that each player would have a treasure chest in their color (they only showed one "new" chest, it was brown), and that the gems would still be white and red plastic. Everything else I could understand was pretty clear from just watching the video.

Yes, they said 8 colors, a different color per player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mb
chsy wrote:

Re: release date, she said "end of June/beginning of July" (matches BGG version info for this, which says July 2016).

They refer to them as "cards" not "tiles" (the exploration cards).

From everything I've heard, this will only be in French - but, no idea if they will distribute at all for example in Quebec - or if all copies will have to be imported. I don't think I heard them specify anything in this video about language or geographic distribution, if someone points to a timestamp I can clarify translation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheryl
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
That was quick!
Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip