2 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stranger in the Dark, Armored Strangers, Resources rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moises Irizarry
United States
flag msg tools
Hey there guys; Does anyone know an official answer to this?
We have hit an impasse in the game today, and our group needs your help. On year 6, this is what happened...

1. Settlement Event: Stranger in the Dark (females only will depart)
2. Armored Strangers: population 14, they decided to destroy one innovation
This was our first time getting this far, so we decided to resist. Here's where the problem starts...

A. We have 15 resources from our last battle that have not been archived. My character found a Steel Shield on the last hunt phase, which slows my movement by -3 (ugh)
B. We need to stop the settlement phase and go face the Kingsman...

i. Do we get to archive our resources before we depart?
ii. If we can't, do we lose all resources if all our 4 characters get killed? I'm asking because this is special showdown which would bring us back to the same year.
iii. Will it give us a chance to change our gear?
iv. If we cannot change our gear, will the 4 departing survivors (which are not the same as our returning ones) depart nearly naked then, since the gear is worn by someone else.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls

i. You archive resources at the end of the settlement phase (step 9/10: Record and Archive Resources)

ii. No, you do not lose any resources, they are left in limbo along with your endeavors, to be gathered up/spent/ect when your special showdown ends. Now, you mentioned your 4 returning survivors, I assume you think you must choose them to depart for this special showdown: You do not. To see why continue to (iii.).

iii. Yes you can change gear. You *depart* to resist. Depart is in bold because it references step 8/10: Prepare Departing Survivors. This is the same step involved with hunting any monster. For this special showdown you enact this (step 8/10) in a unique setting unrelated to the settlement timeline. What this means is that you unequip your returning survivors, nominate four survivors to become departing survivors, and equip them and update sheets accordingly.

iv. See (iii.), and good luck with your fight!

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.