1 Posts

Pi mal Pflaumen» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First Two Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
Yesterday at lunch with coworkers, I finally got to play my copy of Pi mal Pflaumen. We planned on four players (4p), but one had to leave before setting up. We setup for 3p, or 18 cards.

We misunderstood the rules at first and were simultaneously laying face-down then revealing our cards. We did that for several turns before we realized we were doing it wrong. Too bad, because I was killing it that way.

After playing correctly through the end of Phase I then Phases II and III, I collected a ton of fruit cards in my display area but couldn't get any scoring cards. I got the dog three times, but all three times it was quickly taken away by my friend Johnny. I ended the game dead last. That was our learning game. All three of us enjoyed the mechanics and strategy and wanted to play again.

Tonight at our FLGS game night, we played 5p and all according to the rules. After getting stuck with a lot of non-scoring cards last time, this time I focused on getting as many scoring cards as quickly as I could. I got a lot of smaller Fruit Mix cards and scored them almost immediately. That had the extra benefit of no one wanting to steal cards from me.

The others went for the bigger 10- and 12-point cards, but they split them fairly evenly. I was first player of the game, so the scores starting with me and going clockwise were:

41, 34, 25, 28, and 32

I won! My strategy of frequent, smaller (1x 5-, 3x 6-, 1x 8-, and 1x 10-point Fruit Mixes) paid off. I need to play more to see if the strategy is sound or if I just got lucky. For the second time, everyone enjoyed playing, and I'm happy to play more.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.