Popular Tags: [View All]
Davd Eitelbach
United States
flag msg tools

Weather: Dry season, clear
Initiative: Contested
Air points: India 6, Pakistan 5
Air Superiority: Contested

D+17. Pakistan's leadership realizes they must seize the initiative if they are going to turn defeat into victory. Across the theater, Pakistani units go on the offensive.

In the south, XII Corps and 26/XXXI Mechanized Infantry Division launch a cross-canal attack and force the 54/XXI Infantry Division to retreat.

A second combined-corps attack around Sialkot proves much more successful than the first, destroying India's 29/IX and 26/IX infantry divisions. The Indian position becomes precarious.

In the north, X and XI Corps easily brush aside a combat outpost at the border.

The Chinese 43rd Airborne Division relocates to the airbase at Rawalpindi.

The Russians deploy the 98th and 106th Airborne Divisions to the town of Sunderbani. Located in the highlands northwest of Sialkot, the town is an ideal blocking position. The lightly equipped airborne divisions won't be able to hold off Pakistan's X Corps and XI Corps indefinitely, but the hope is that they will delay their advance long enough for India to capture Sialkot.

I and XII Corps move south from Lahore to help check the threat posed by Pakistan's XII Corps and 26/XXXI Mechanized Infantry Division.

In their absence, X and XI Corps assault Lahore's suburbs with heavy artillery support. However, without the assistance of the powerful 33/I Armored Division, the attack fails.

In the north, India's II and IX Corps outmaneuver the Pakistanis and counterattack the mixed armored brigades south of Sialkot. The attack destroys the Pakistani 2/XXX Armored Brigade and reduces the 11/I Armored Brigade, significantly blunting Pakistan's combat potential on that front. The Indian 22/II Infantry Division, which spearheaded the attack, is reduced.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.