Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Scum GR-45 Transport Pilot Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Len Zigante
Pitt Meadows
British Columbia
flag msg tools
I have a Yavin Micro Machines GR-75 Rebel Transport that I've wanted to use for some time now with X-wing. However this ship is about 20% larger than the GR-75 Rebel Transport that FFG put out so I doubted I'd ever use it.

However I recently discovered there is a GR-45 transport which is the smaller predecessor to the GR-75. Suddenly I had my excuse to use it - the Yavin ship would work as the GR-75 and I'd use the FFG rebel transport as the smaller GR-45. First thing I did was apply a black washed to the hull of the Yavin ship so as to bring out it's detail so it would look more like the ships from FFG.

Now came the problem of the pilot cards. I didn't want to use the one that came from FFG for the GR-45 as it was a smaller & older ship. I figured it shouldn't have the same values as the GR-75 so I made a new custom card to represent the GR-45.

For those wondering how I decided on what values should appear on this card, I figured the GR-45 being smaller would likely have a similar sized crew but couldn't carry as much cargo. This would mean it would require less power to land and lift off. Also due to it's smaller size it wouldn't be able to absorb as much damage. When it came to squad points I figured since it could only carry 2/3 the cargo, had 3/4 of the power and 7/8 of the damage points, it should also have a smaller squad point value. I estimated this should be a tad bit higher than 2/3 of the squad points of the GR-75.

If you figure I should reconsider the values that appear on this card please leave me feedback - I'd be happy to hear what you have to say.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.