CO₂» Forums » General

Subject: Lack of CEP tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Chew
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all,

I had played this game for about 4 times, on my last 3 games, all CEP are held by players through buying, reforestation bonus and card bonus. There were hardly any consumption of it as most of us only propose and build and hardly anyone install the project beyond the first 10 power plants to keep the planet alive.

Besides installation of project that consumes CEP, was there something that we missed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This means that the market price is too high. I have played 5 games now (2-, 3- and 5-player games) and CEPs never ran out. Remember to only raise the market price if the market can be refilled by 2 CEPs first! If it can't be refilled with 2 CEPs then the market price is not adjusted. How are your opponents able to afford the high CEP prices? Does that not make them vulnerable to not being able to construct power plants?

I try to keep the market price lower in my games to hover around 3 or 4. I buy when I need a CEP or when the market price is around $3. Any higher then 4 and I sell. Money is VP in the end and you just made every other player lose a ½-VP. My typical turn would be to sell a CEP if the price was high then install a project gaining income and spending a CEP. The installation of the project may return a CEP or two. If 2 or more players sell to the market it is tougher for the market price to rise.

A common error I see a lot of players do is thinking the expertise track gives a CEP to the player but it actually goes to a region of the player's choice. Also keep in mind the maximum CEPs that can be on a region (e.g., Asia can have 6, Africa 3, etc.) So if every region is already maxxed out - which is rare since a region can only get CEPs from expertise free actions and replacing a dirty power plant - then the CEP is not placed at all and remains in the market.

At the start of each decade for each dirty power plant that was built must have a CEP paid by the player that controls that region either from their hand or from another region that they control. If no one controls that region then the region itself pays a CEP to the bank.

Which card bonuses are you talking about? The lobby cards? Remember a player only gets 5 and will not be able to pick up any other cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Chew
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok. I know what was missing. Thank you. You reminded me that the erection of the dirty power plants cost CEP as well.... Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.