Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerard Mulder
Netherlands
Voorhout
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Although the one troop of each type may help starting players prevent an unbalanced game I would not reccomend the rule for advanced play.

Generally you don't want D'este with three guns. But the fact is that even with 3 guns D'este is not sure to win the game'at all. Futhermore the strategy to buy several pikes or light infantry and the accompanying city tiles is no longer an option with this rule. As is trying for a stricktly defensive army as you cannot get 2 field fortifications....

The rule in unnessecarily limiting the strategic options of the game. I prefer to choose conditierres counterclockwise and then playing clockwise starting with the player that had last pick.
This also solves the problem of players feeling like thay got a bad deal because of having last pick.

I feel the game is robust enough to skip this rule "one troop of each type" alltogether.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CORWYN59 .
France
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Comment on Errata
Douwecarel (#21948),

i start to play (2 games)without this rule and sure it was not a problem for us, as it permits some offensive or defensive strategies.

i play then one time with the ERRATA, don't known if the game is more balanced ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Re:Comment on Errata
Douwecarel wrote:
I feel the game is robust enough to skip this rule "one troop of each type" alltogether.

I agree, but nevertheless I've created an house rule that discourages (but allows) "same troop tiles": a player can buy a Troop Tile he already owns at double cost; the third copy costs three times the basic cost and so on (e.g. for the same player a second Field Fortification costs 6 gold, the third 9 gold, the fourth 12 gold).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.