1 Posts

Tiny Epic Defenders» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Solo - Win on Hard Difficulty rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Hester
United States
flag msg tools
April 19, 2016. My dear wife got me the Meeple upgrade kit from Meeplesource, so I broke out Tiny Epic Defenders tonight.

Heroes - Avenger, Paladin. My favorite team. One rakes in the Artifacts, while the other holds down the fort.

Locations(Random) - Plains/Patrol, Coast/Dispatch, Ruins/Sacrifice, Desert/Sandstorm, Forest/Reconcile, Mountains/Fortify. Ouch. Only really happy about the Plains and Mountains, and as you'll see, I never got to leverage Fortify.

Round 1 of 7. Uneventful, Hero and Group Ally cards came up early in the Turn Deck, so I had little chance to react to the enemies revealed. Coast taking the brunt so far.

Round 2 of 7. Dire Enemy revealed, Giant Snake. Avenger fortunately in place to defend without even using Fly. Nice :-) Forest under siege alongside the Coast now, but all locations remain at two threat or less. Paladin really burning through her health using extra actions each activation.

Round 3 of 7. Blundered here. Got too aggressive hunting dire enemies, and let damage pile up on the Mountains. Got my second artifact, but at what cost? Other locations in decent shape.

Round 4 of 7. Mountains burned. At least I had the Shield of Aughmoore to show for it. Anchored the Paladin at the Mountains, while Avenger roams putting out fires in the Coast and Forest. Played my other artifact to gain two free actions, gained another to replace it. Harpy revealed as Dire Enemy, catches the (burned) Mountains undefended and inflicts the first damage to the capital city. Never even had a chance to use Fortify. :-(

Round 5 of 7. Threat getting out of hand now. Gained an artifact in the Forest one more time (that Snake got beat down hard in this game), as well as the Mountains. Last artifacts I'll gain in the game.

Round 6 of 7. Forest and Ruins burn. Ruins caught me by surprise, three attacks in a row (one at the end of the previous round.) Basilisk revealed as final Dire Enemy, attacks the Plains unopposed. Group ally cards came out at convenient times, keeping half the kingdom intact. Used the artifact that repairs the Capital City to bring it back from the brink.

Round 7 of 7. The Ancient revealed. Final artifacts move him to my location, and inflict two damage. All actions (and extra actions for sacrificed health points) thrown at Fighting the Ancient gets the job done, but only barely - Capital City was at 5 threat when the Ancient fell. First Hard difficulty win. :-)
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.