I got my box in the mail today - awesome!
Started going through it and I got - confused.
I have Exotic Predators, so I got the upgrade tier. Eventually I figured out that cards were "missing" because I don't have the Booster Deck yet (which is disappointing).
1. But I noticed that I have quite a few more Hunting Deck cards from the Exotic Predators set (as well as more carcasses and eggs). Does it affect game balance to have more prey available at setup?
2. I can't use the Alpha rules yet, right?
3. The Kickstarter exclusive prey cards can just be added to the hunting deck selections, right?
4. Are there rules somewhere about how to use the Stomping Dead? What have I not read closely enough?
5. Will the Booster have revised Velociraptor Alpha Male and Female cards (Beta Male and Female according to the rulebook)?
6. What exactly is in the Exotic Predators add-on deck that hasn't arrived yet?
Thanks in advance for the help.
I'll be in your same position as I got the upgrade tier, but mine isn't arriving until next week. I'd love a definitive answer to some of these questions as well. Here is what I know:
1. In general it would affect the balance of the game to have more prey cards, however I am not sure why you would have gotten more (unless they are to replace what you have)
2. You can use the Alpha rules for multi-player if you only use the new decks, not the decks you own from the Exotic Predator version.
3. Yes, you can just add them to the appropriate decks (prey, big game, titan) and use them when creating a new hunting deck
4.Not sure on this one??? I believe they are just a new boss, minion, & end game card (replace extinction with the card that came with stomping dead)????
5. Yes, the booster should have the alpha cards for all the original apex decks minus the special exotic predators (sarchosuchus and quetz)
6. this is basically the booster for the 2 exotic predators
HTH, I would love to see official answers on these, but above is my understanding.
Just to clarify on question 1, the exotic predators box basically has 5 of each prey, whereas the new box has only 3 or 4 of each prey. I would still only use 5 per player in the game, but it just means the "pool" from which to draw the prey is larger.
I've also contacted Herschel through Kickstarter. If he responds there, I'll post the answer here.
As far as the Stomping Dead rules go, in one of the Kickstarter updates (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/diehardgames/apex-tdbg-...), the Stomping Dead challenge was offered (along with a PNP file). There was a setup card included, so hopefully there's one in the expansion box too? If not...
Stomping Dead Setup
Randomly draw 5 Prey, 5 Big Game, 2 Titan, 2 Menace, and 1 Predator cards. Draw the "Patriarch" Boss card and the 5 "Corruptor" Minion cards. Shuffle all drawn cards together to make the Hunt Deck.
Take all Infected cards and shuffle them to create the Infected Deck. Place the Infected Deck in the Hunting Grounds near the Hunt Deck. If the deck runs out of cards during the game, no more cards are drawn.
7 "Infestor Parasite", 15 "Flesh Wound", 6 "Severe Trauma", and 3 "Virus" Affliction cards are shuffled together to make the Affliction Deck.
The 3 "Rising of the Dead" cards and 5 randomly drawn Environment cards are shuffled together to make the Environment Deck. The "Dawn of the Stomping Dead" card is placed at the bottom of the deck (replacing the "Asteroid Impact" and "Extinction" cards). Add 0 - 3 Emergence cards to the top of the deck depending on your chosen difficulty.
No multiplayer Stomping Dead, sadly, but frankly it's tough enough without any extra competition.
- Last edited Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:37 pm (Total Number of Edits: 3)
- Posted Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:35 pm