Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Kitterman
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The game comes with eight dice but as far as I can tell, seven is the most you would ever need (Artillery + the leadership card gives you a roll of 7 dice)

Were they just being generous to include the extra die or am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Karlsson
Sweden
Eskilstuna
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Why does the game come with eight dice?
Bobagabe (#21998),
When we play we usually use four dice each, I guess that's why they included 8 (since the most common attack is four dice) and if that was their intention, then, yes, they were being generous :-).

/Magnus Karlsson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Kitterman
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jern (#22005),

I play Battle cry by the original rules (except the "drop of the edge of the board" rule.) but having that extra dice does sort bag for something special.

HMMMM... So many posibilities

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pantera
Sweden
flag msg tools
It was a bit of a pain to stick the stickers to all dice.

I also "had to" numerate the stickers as 1-6 (retreat, inf, inf, cav, art, saber) and put them on exactly like a d6 with numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Its probabally just incase you loose one. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The real reason is that the Leadership card allows artillery on a hill with an attached General to roll 8 dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve99 (#41093),Leadership allows Generals attached to artillery to roll 2 extra dice not 3. A General attached to artillery never adds the extra 1 die per the rules. Only the leadership card give the extra 2 in that specific case.

Artillery firing from a hill has its range increased by one, not its total dice numbers. At a range of 1, it still only rolls 5 dice. So on a hill, range 1, with a leadership card and general, they would still only roll 7 dice. Hope this clears it up. Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.