Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The same group of us then played an older game called The Last Paradise. In this game we start out with $50 and have to end up with more than $50 in order to win. When bidding on an item the highest bidder pays the amount of the second highest bidder. The game came down to the second to last bid. George S. had an opportunity to win an auction and claim a lot of points, probably enough to win the game. This was one place where somebody had to throw themselves in front of the truck to prevent a runaway. That person turned out to be me. I bid exactly the amount that George had in his hand which was also his bid. We then had to bid again with that bid amount being the least we could bid. I eventually bid one higher and won. It didn't give me nearly enough points to be worth the price and knocked me out of contention. The last bid was won by Todd who saw that, unless he won, that someone would definitely win. He bid everything he had and took the prize. As it was noone had more than $50 and so we all lost. It was a victory for martyrdom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.