Thumb up
2 Posts

Carcassonne» Forums » Sessions

Subject: The Five Year Old Wins rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Bosomworth
flag msg tools
My Aunt Jean came over for the day during spring break and we convinced my five year old son to turn off the TV and play Carcassonne.

The Players

Aunt Jean. Enjoys playing board games. This session is her first time playing a tile placement game.

My wife. Not real keen on board games but I still love her. This is her second time playing Carcassone, she won handily her first time but was very clear that it wasn't her favourite game.

My five year old son. Likes board games but has the normal attention span of a five year old. He has played Carcassonne a few times with simplified rules.

The Game

I know it hurts the strategy of the game but to keep things simple for the five year old we played with no farmers and scored only one point for all city squares. We did give the extra point for the shield, this made them extra special for my son.

The game played quickly, which is good due to my son's limited attention span. It certainly helps increase the pace by having less choices of where to play.

In the end my son came out on top with Aunt Jean a close second. Hopefully this session has given my son a good Carcassone experience and shown Aunt Jean a game that we can play with grown-ups at family gatherings.

The Score

My Son 47
Aunt Jean 44
My Wife 38
Myself 29
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
flag msg tools
You can count on me!
Amusing. I guessed you would take out the farmers.. but how did the one point for cities play out? It seems like it would turn into a thief fest rather quickly, with people complaining when they got city tiles.

Also, how did you score the pieces left un-resolved at game end?
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.