Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Morgan
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a game of Risk:LOTR Trilogy edition the other night. I had 5 players so I used one of the other colors from the 1st edition.Its nice that the colors are different shades. For placement I decided that since there are 16 good/evil territory cards that the 3 good players got 5 good territory cards and the 2(or 3 if I had 3 players)evil players got 5 evil territory cards. It doesn't seem feasable to play with 7 people but if anyone has I would like to hear their placement rules. I also decided(never again!) that since there were 5 players we would roll the dice everytime the ring moved. It made for a long game. If anyone else has any other rules for 5-7 player games I would love to hear them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Seymour
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Playing with more than 4 players
According to the picture, there are 64 territories on the board. But the summary says there are only 42 territory cards. Are there in fact 64 territory cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Morgan
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eseymour (#22860),
Yes there are 64 territory cards plus two "wild" cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Toscano
United States
Peabody
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
The first time we played the Trilogy edition, we played with five people -- three good, two evil. The extra pieces were the acid-green group for them original edition.

The evil players allied and focused on good -- and vice versa. Wr played for well over 2 1-2 hours (not counting setup), when the evil player discovered the ring (after eight or so previous tries in other areas). That probbaly saved a half-hour. The player who discovered it (I was the other evil player) would have won on points, and a good player would have been second.

I have one other suggestion in general and for multi-player. When you are setting up armies in regions, place three at a time instead of on.

Liam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bighab (#22067),
It seems like there should be 3 evil and 2 good players with 5 players. The reason I say this is that the rules state for 3 players there must be 2 evil and 1 good to retain balance. I would assume this is since evil starts with more strongholds...you split them up amongst more players that way.

Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.