1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Complaint Department

Subject: Geeklist/Tipping/Notification Oddities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Lartigue
United States
flag msg tools
A few things that have come up with regard to geeklists.

1) Tipping. I received Tip geekmails for this geeklist:

However, it displays as having 0 tips. In addition, in the comments for that list, fsumarc says when you tip, it puts the recipient's name in as "tomwsmf". I just did a tip there and sure enough that name came up and I didn't receive a notification. (I verified that he did indeed receive the tip.) So something wacky is going on with tipping.

2)Geekmail notifications. Ever since the "Select this if you want to be notified of items/comments added to the list." checkboxes appeared, I have made sure they're not checked on geeklists I make. However, I am still receiving such notifications.

3) Phantom notifications. A couple times now, out of the blue, I've received a notification that an item/comment has been added to an older geeklist. If this is the case, I don't know what that item is.

4) "Active" geeklists. I added an entry comment to one of my own geeklists earlier today (this one: ) and it's not showing up as an "Active" geeklist. I've seen this happen a few times now.

Hope this helps iron out some problems.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.