Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
RIP Rutger
mbmbmbmbmb
If you managed to get any photos, please post them here!

It's time to have a deep heart-to-heart with your game collection.
Be gentle but firm. "I treasure the time we've spent together, but I just don't love you anymore". Then dump them into a big box before all the blubbering starts and hustle them out to Puyallup on the 26th.

Festivities start at 10am, but arrive early if you've got games to shelve. There is no fee or application required to attend, whether you bring games or not. If you do plan to bring games to sell or trade, please post them to the Games I'm bringing to the 5th Annual Pacific Northwest Game Swap page so we know what to expect.

We're moving the shelves back to the porch this year, so all the precious games will be safe from the weather (including freak thunderstorms). Every year brings hundreds of games to buy, sell, and trade so stay hydrated and be prepared to deal. And just in case you have any cash or trunk space left, we run a monster game auction after lunch.

We'll have free snacks and ice cold drinks and we've decided to bring in Famous Dave's Barbecue for lunch.
fire up the barbecue (Famous Daves was just too complicated in the end and we didn't receive the value that was advertised). We'll be offering hamburgers and brats, coleslaw and potato salad, and buns at $5/plate. And as always, you can protest the stampede of unmitigated consumerism by actually playing a board game at one of them many tables scattered throughout the yard. Good luck finding players who aren't consumed by the orgy of commerce.

So spread the word! Gamers of all ages and interests are welcome.

Post any ideas or questions you may have, or email me at my BGG address or directly at pnwgameswap@gmail.com.

June 26, 2016 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
2402 5th St SW, Puyallup, WA 98373

Photos from the 4th Annual PNW Board Game Swap
Photos from the 3rd Annual PNW Board Game Swap
Photos from the 2nd Annual PNW Board Game Swap
Photos from the 1st Annual PNW Board Game Swap

As we approach the abyss, here's what's on my mind:

E Weather forcast is terrific - that's one big concern off the list.

E I'm expecting a ton of games this year. Last year, we had 17 people post their game lists before the event. This year we have 45!

E There are bound to be some capacity issues. If they happen, here is where I see the bottlenecks occurring:
The patio. It's a big patio, but it's bound to be packed. We are going with shelves instead of tables again this year, thereby maximizing walking space, but it's bound to tight.
The bathroom. One bathroom has been enough in the past and hopefully it will suffice again.

E Here's what we've got covered:
The parking: there is unlimited parking on the road, but as the crowds increase, the walk increases as well. We'll have a wagon available, so just let us know and we'll help you with your games.
Shelf space: we've got more shelf space than last year and last year wasn't full, so we should be covered.
Table and chairs: 10 tables and 50 chairs should do it. In the past, everyone mills around the game shelves and there has always been plenty of room at the game tables.
Refreshments: coolers full of water and soda, along with racks of snacks.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Pacific Northwest 5th Annual Game Swap
WOOHOO!!!!

Any idea when you'll lock in the date? (The sooner I can dibs the date at work, the more likely I'll get the time off!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
RIP Rutger
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be able to lock the date in the next 48 hours.

June 26, 2016
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Edmonsds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Super excited to see ya'll again. I voted for the 12th but the 26th works fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Hills
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoot! Ive got stuff pileing up to swap for another pile
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Brooking
United States
Carnation
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Cult of the used.
mbmbmbmbmb
YES YES YES Yes Yes Yes yes yes yes ... ... ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Hills
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I friend mentioned that the address was missing in this post, I assume its the same 2402 5th St SW, Puyallup, WA 98373
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it's the same address. That's a nice place!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
RIP Rutger
mbmbmbmbmb
Paxe wrote:
I friend mentioned that the address was missing in this post, I assume its the same 2402 5th St SW, Puyallup, WA 98373
I expanded the announcement. Same place as last year. Looking forward to seeing y'all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Lackey" Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so excited, I'm liable to come back and edit this post to add a Doge meme!!!

Do I have permission to post this on some Facebook and Reddit forums?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
RIP Rutger
mbmbmbmbmb
Fugazi2112 wrote:
Do I have permission to post this on some Facebook and Reddit forums?
Release the hounds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierce
msg tools
Wait, so *how* does this work? I just bring a stack of games, toss 'em on the shelves and then take whatever games I want? I'm really confused but also really interested! I have about a hundred games to clear out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Edmonsds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captainslinky wrote:
Wait, so *how* does this work? I just bring a stack of games, toss 'em on the shelves and then take whatever games I want? I'm really confused but also really interested! I have about a hundred games to clear out!

Eh, not quite. Bring games, and you decide what to do with them:

Want to sell them for cash? Maybe you'll find a buyer.
Want to trade them for X game? If someone's bringing X, maybe you can work a deal!
Wanna auction them off? Set a starting bid.
Wanna give them to a handsome fella? I'll be there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Lackey" Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captainslinky wrote:
Andy has the gist of it.

Simply, think of it like 20 garage sales all located on one lawn. Everyone can have their own table, and either trade/sell to/buy from each other, or sell to the general public passersby who are out garage sale hunting and followed the signs in the neighborhood to Sean's house. But there will definitely be more people there than just those of us who set up a table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:
captainslinky wrote:

Eh, not quite. Bring games, and you decide what to do with them:

Want to sell them for cash? Maybe you'll find a buyer.
Want to trade them for X game? If someone's bringing X, maybe you can work a deal!
Wanna auction them off? Set a starting bid.
Wanna give them to a handsome fella? I'll be there!

Wanna give them to an ugly fella? I'll be there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stockdale
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait, Had to miss last year but this one just barely made it in before I have to head out of state! Pumped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Edmonsds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to get some people to play Two Rooms and a Boom as well. I'll bring a copy to play and try to set up a game while we're there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
RIP Rutger
mbmbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:
I'd love to get some people to play Two Rooms and a Boom as well. I'll bring a copy to play and try to set up a game while we're there
Two Grassy Knolls and a Boom? Count me in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Lackey" Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:
Count me in as well. I can run it too if you want to tag team and switch off who runs rounds of it. And I can bring my copy as well if needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Berry
United States
Mountlake Terrace
WASHINGTON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG OMG OMG! YES!!! I can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Strong
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Quack... Quack!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to the activities!

I'll be bringing the latest version of my prototype and will give it a whirl for any interested parties - after the cornucopia of greed and avarice and BBQ, of course...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been saving games all year for this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C.
United States
Puyallup
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a board game meet up group in Puyallup and a few were telling me how awesome is the "Pacific Northwest Annual game swap".

http://www.meetup.com/EuroGamingLeague/

I do not want to miss out this year!

Curious will I miss out much if I'm not able to get their till 1:00?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Quicho
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottC1s wrote:

Hey Scott! Good to see you on here. You may miss out on some early choice deals, but then again, you won't really miss what you never saw. We usually see a good number of people come and go with fresh games throughout the day, and it stays pretty busy up until 5-6pm when it quiets down a bit.

By the way, I miss the old meetup group name: Throne of Games, already. It's the only reason I joined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C.
United States
Puyallup
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qeester wrote:
ScottC1s wrote:

Hey Scott! Good to see you on here. You may miss out on some early choice deals, but then again, you won't really miss what you never saw. We usually see a good number of people come and go with fresh games throughout the day, and it stays pretty busy up until 5-6pm when it quiets down a bit.

By the way, I miss the old meetup group name: Throne of Games, already. It's the only reason I joined.

Hey Bart!!!

Good to know about the name! I can't give details but with changing the name I am able to open more doors with having some prominent names in the board game community join us from time to time and contests/giveaways.

I plan on making this something people can always have fun and look forward to going with the goal of making it really known and have an impact in our community. We never want to be the best kept secret. I know it will take time as we learn how to make it better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] |